The 118th Boston Marathon is on April 21, 2014
118th BOSTON MARATHON MEDIA
The Boston Athletic Association and principal sponsor John Hancock Financial Services invite you to cover the 117th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 21, 2014.
The media application process for the 118th Boston Marathon will begin in January/February of 2014.
Media members with questions about media credentials and access to the Boston Marathon should contact Chris Conley at the B.A.A. Phone: 617-778-1629.
ONLINE 2013 MEDIA GUIDE - click here
2014 MEDIA CREDENTIAL PICKUP SCHEDULE
Wednesday, April 16: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 17: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, April 18: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 19: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 20: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday, April 21: 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL INDIVIDUAL MEDIA MEMBERS MUST PICK-UP INDIVIDUAL CREDENTIALS FROM THE RACE WEEK PRESS ROOM AT THE FAIRMONT COPLEY PLAZA HOTEL.
We regret that we cannot allow single-person pick-up for media outlets. That is, we CANNOT ALLOW ONE PERSON TO PICK UP THE MEDIA CREDENTIALS FOR THE ENTIRE MEDIA OUTLET. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes you or the other members of your outlet who are covering the Boston Marathon.
For information on the 2013 guidelines, click either of the buttons below:
- Media credentials provide access to press rooms and press areas.
- There are seven credentialed press areas: general access, photo start area, men's press truck, men’s TV truck, women’s press truck, women’s TV truck, and photo bridge.
- Media personnel receiving credentials for the press trucks, photo start area or photo bridge also will be allowed admittance to the press room and press conferences.
- A PRESS CREDENTIAL IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR ADMITTANCE TO THE PRESS ROOM AND THE POST-RACE PRESS CONFERENCE.
- Media credentials for the Boston Marathon are distributed by the B.A.A. solely for the purpose of providing media coverage of the Boston Marathon.
- Any other use of images obtained through the access provided by credentials in areas requiring credential access will be considered unauthorized and will result in the revoke of media credentials for this year and credentials not granted in future years.
- Non media usage includes but is not limited to stock availability, sale of images to outlets which are not media.
- For security purposes, a social security number or foreign passport number will be required for access to the photo bridge.
- WBZ-TV is the local rights-holder for the broadcast of the 118th Boston Marathon and has certain online rights.
- Universal Sports is the exclusive domestic television home of the Boston Marathon, providing live coverage of the race.
- UniversalSports.com is one of the B.A.A.'s online partners and will stream the race live in the U.S. to Universal subscribers.
- Certain restrictions apply for internet and television outlets within and outside of the Boston ADI.
- A copy of the B.A.A.'s Internet and News Access Guidelines will be provided upon submission of the media credential form and acceptance of conditions is required prior to distribution of media credentials and access into B.A.A.-controlled area at and surrounding the event.
- For still/digital images, logo requests, log-in information on the B.A.A.'s media page, as well as video or film footage requests please contact Jack Fleming (telephone: 617-236-1652, ext. 2627).
For credentialed media, the B.A.A. and John Hancock will provide complete press room facilities at the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel, located near the finish line at Copley Square.
Fairmont Copley Plaza
138 St. James Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
BOSTON MARATHON MEDIA GUIDE
The 2013 Boston Marathon Media Guide is produced in conjunction with John Hancock and is available at www.bostonmarathonmediaguide.com
2014 Online Media Guide - coming soon
PUBLIC RELATIONS CONTACT
For Boston Marathon, and other Boston Athletic Association information, please contact the B.A.A.'s
Marc Davis (telephone: 617-236-1652 ext. 2633)
Director of Marketing and Communications:
Jack Fleming (telephone: 617-236-1652 ext. 2627)