Job Title: Manager / Data and Information Systems
Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Reports directly to: Director of Registration
Begins: Immediately, or when a qualified job candidate is available.
Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
Overall objectives: Work with the Director of Registration, the Treasurer, Director of Marketing and Communications to assist in achieving the efficient operation of the B.A.A.’s event registration, related technology and reporting and statistical analysis.
This position will report to the Director of Registration and will be responsible for assuring the development and maintenance of event registration protocols, alignment with budgeting and forecasting as determined by the Treasurer and senior B.A.A. staff and analytical support of B.A.A. mission.
Major responsibilities include:
- Statistical analysis.
- Operating as the B.A.A.’s day to day subject matter expert related to metrics related to B.A.A. events and how these events relate to each other in terms of registration and participation.
- Conduit to technology coordinator in order to maintain robust database and adherence to scheduled key milestones. Act as a central point of contact with technology coordinator.
- This position will monitor the demand for events and establish the necessary metrics, reports and process to best anticipate demand and regularly update the organization.
- Liaison with B.A.A. teams in order to monitor and maintain statistical data and ensuring the agreed upon process, timing and procedures are respected.
- Support further expansion and improvement of event related statistics, in order to continuously improve existing events and may assist with development of future events.
- Development of well-defined registration office manual.
- Analyze tracking of email communication and recommend adjustments to the published FAQs.
- Prepare event summaries and report out to senior management.
- Contribute to the creation of a comprehensive data repository to allow for centralized data warehouse to support our internal stakeholders.
- Continuously improving analytical capabilities to drive future improvements.
- Strong Project Manager with event registration and event management experience.
- Technical and logistical experience directly associated with established, large scale public events; experience in athletics and entertainment desirable but not essential.
- Strong technology/database management expertise.
- Strong personal and communicative skills. Experience in establishing relationships with vendors and key stakeholders.
- Ability to think quickly, analytically and decisively both in the office and in the field.
- Possess a challenging mindset and ability to extract qualitative information.
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills. Work as a team leader.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow employees and key consultants.
- Advanced proficiency in using Excel is desired.
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
Benefits: a range of benefits is available and will discussed during the interview process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and job specific resume to email@example.com. Please do not follow-up with a telephone call. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.
The B.A.A. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on age, gender or religious affiliation.
Boston Athletic Association
One Ash Street
Hopkinton, MA 01748