Interested candidates should submit resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Description – posted October 17, 2016
- Status: Full time, Salary
- Office location: Boston (Back Bay)
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Start Date: At Once
The B.A.A. and our Mission:
Established in 1887, the Boston Athletic Association is a non-profit organization with a mission of promoting fitness through athletics, especially running (programs, events, and initiatives).
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position will be an important contributor to the overall experience at B.A.A. events and for B.A.A. programming, generating increased interest in and value for our current and future programs and events.
The B.A.A. is seeking a data and analytics driven individual who has a creative capacity consistent with the current and future direction of the B.A.A. Marketing the B.A.A. and the organization's assets is at the core.
The individual will be detail oriented, highly efficient and productive, a problem solver, have an ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and an ability to “get it done!”
Primarily responsible for helping to establish and deliver on the marketing objectives of the B.A.A. with the other members of the marketing team, the position will then seek to build consensus, meet the set objectives, come in at or under budget, and monetize opportunities.
Much of the work involves managing, coordinating and executing on partnerships - B.A.A. Sponsors, Licensees, and Contributors - since they play important roles with the B.A.A. Working in a detailed-oriented role to execute on the deliverables of sponsors and other marketing initiatives is an important part of the individual’s position in this role.
Other key areas of focus are: revenue generation and opportunities, effective presentation of data and analytics in marketing contexts, and fulfillment of marketing obligations.
This is a results oriented position and concentration will be given to the growth of the marketing initiative consistent with the organization's approach and philosophy, expansion, new and/or enhanced opportunities, ability to provide added value, and revenue generation to support the concepts.
- Manage strategic marketing plans with other members of the marketing team, especially the Marketing and Sponsorship Manager and Special Events Manager.
- Coordinate and execute on a tactical level precise and specific plans as developed and assigned.
- Create and present proposals and wrap up reports for virtually every piece of business and partnership.
- Collaborate closely with the other work groups at the B.A.A. to ensure that all marketing activities function within the overall parameters of the organization.
- Collaborate closely with sponsors, partners, and outside vendors to advance marketing strategies and promote the B.A.A. brand. A key goal is to speak in a consistent voice to the global running audience, thereby communicating our desired status in the industry.
- Share in the maintenance, mechanics and execution of each partner's deliverables and obligations, including race access, e-mail / digital / print marketing deadlines.
- Assist with the management and coordination of marketing resources -- perhaps outside agency -- who will help fulfill and activate sponsorship programs at the Boston Marathon.
- Collect analytics (e.g. viewership, impression data) for all marketing sponsorship activations including social media marketing, and package data in presentations.
- Assist with the development and production of B.A.A. and sponsor content for video, web, newsletters, and social media channels for the B.A.A. on a regular basis with specific calendar timelines.
- Document and share action items, holding to timelines and deadlines while keeping main stakeholders updated on progress.
- Should believe in the events, programs, and mission of the Boston Athletic Association, and should have a passion for being part of the team responsible for the organization’s future success and positive impact in the community.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required—emphasis on Marketing preferred.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- A demonstrated record of highly developed organization skills—must show enthusiasm and adaptability for handling the requests of multiple clients simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills plus the ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Continuously suggest realistic, creative business ideas that can drive demand, support the mission of the B.A.A. and positively impact the bottom line.
- Ability to consistently listen, think, and present innovative new ideas to support the B.A.A.’s long-term strategic vision for success while appreciating the organization's pace and approach.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Superb communications skills—both verbal and writing—are required.
- A seasoned problem solver. Must respond well under pressure, especially during periods with high volume activity and tight deadlines.
- Budget planning skills a plus.
- Proficiency in digital and experiential marketing a plus.