Job Title: Communications Spring Internship
Location: Copley Square, Boston, Massachusetts
Level: Internship for recent college graduate or graduate school student
Reports directly to: Communications Manager
Begins: Immediately, or when a qualified job candidate is available.
Experience: 1+ year of relevant experience
Overall objectives: Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications, and the Communications Manager to help with communications plan for the 2013 Boston Marathon.
This position will report to the Communications Manager and will be responsible for assuring the communications planning timelines, as well as the execution of said activations on and around April 15, 2013. Event management and road race experience a plus, strong organizational skills, multi-tasking ability, and team-first attitude a must.
Major responsibilities include:
- Assistance with communications
- Writing press release, story lines, and preparing documents for event
- Prepare post-event summaries and reports to management
- Assist in the implementation of communications efforts across printed, electronic, and social media
- Strong worker with project completion and event management experience.
- Technical and logistical experience with established, large scale public events; experience in athletics and entertainment desirable but not essential.
- Strong personal and communicative skills.
- Ability to think quickly, analytically and decisively both in the office and in the field.
- Possess a challenging mindset and ability to thoroughly track meetings, discussions, and objectives.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills.
- Work as a team player.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow employees and key consultants.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 1+ year(s of relevant experience.
Please send resume to email@example.com
by January 30 for consideration.