Job Title: Marketing and Sponsorship Spring Internship
Location: Copley Square, Boston, Massachusetts
Level: Internship for recent college graduate or graduate school student
Copley Square, Boston, MassachusettsLevel: Internship for recent college graduate or graduate school student
Reports directly to: Sponsorship and Marketing Manager
Begins: Immediately, or when a qualified job candidate is available.
Experience: 1+ year of relevant experience
Overall objectives: Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications, and the Marketing and Sponsorship Manager to help activate and manage existing sponsorship relationships for the 2013 Boston Marathon.
This position will report to the Marketing and Sponsorship Manager and will be responsible for assuring the maintenance sponsorship activation planning timelines, as well as the execution of said activations on and around April 15, 2013. Event management and road race experience a plus, strong organizational skills, multi-tasking ability, and team-first attitude a must.
Major responsibilities include:
- Assistance with account management
- Act as a central point of contact with a particular account(s)
- This position will monitor the deliverable schedules for one or multiple accounts, and assist in the implementation of marketing and branding efforts across printed, electronic, and social media
- Prepare post-event summaries and reports to management
- Strong worker with project completion and event management experience.
- Technical and logistical experience with established, large scale public events; experience in athletics and entertainment desirable but not essential.
- Strong personal and communicative skills.
- Experience in establishing relationships with vendors and key stakeholders.
- Ability to think quickly, analytically and decisively both in the office and in the field.
- Possess a challenging mindset and ability to thoroughly track meetings, discussions, and progress for one or multiple accounts.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills.
- Work as a team player.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow employees and key consultants.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 1+ year(s of relevant experience.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org