There will be a random selection component to the registration process for the 2015 B.A.A. Half Marathon when entries are accepted next week. The total field size for the event is 8,500 participants.
There are 2,640 runners currently pre-registered for the event though B.A.A. Distance Medley (B.A.A. 5K, B.A.A. 10K, and B.A.A. Half Marathon) registration held in January. An additional 700 runners will comprise the Dana-Farber Fundraising Team and each will raise at least $750 for the Jimmy Fund. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund have been the event's presenting sponsor since 2003. Once the elite field and other invitational entries are filled, this will leave approximately 5,000 entries available through online registration on July 15.
Registration will open on Wednesday, July 15, at 10:00 a.m. ET, and 2,000 entrants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The remaining 3,000 spots will be filled through random selection of applicants who submit an entry by Thursday, July 16, at 5:00 p.m. ET.
* Participants who have already registered for the B.A.A. Distance Medley during the registration period in January 2015 are already registered for the B.A.A. Half Marathon and should not re-register on July 15.
- Entry for the B.A.A. Half Marathon will be held entirely online at www.baa.org, and the entry fee is $75 USD.
- No additional fee will be imposed for an entry submission into the random selection.
- Participants in the B.A.A. Half Marathon must be at least 14-years old on race day.
- Every submission has an equal chance of being selected, and the odds of being selected will be based on the total number of submissions received.
- Only one submission per person will be accepted.
- Entry in the B.A.A. Half Marathon cannot be transferred, refunded, or deferred.
- Those who are accepted through random selection and those not accepted will receive notification from the B.A.A. on Friday, July 17 via email.
- If you are not chosen in the random selection, you will not be charged the entry fee.