The following traffic advisory has been issued in the City of Boston for Sunday, June 23, relating to the B.A.A. 10K:
The annual Boston Athletic Association 10K will begin at 8:00am. An estimated 6,000 runners will gather on Charles Street near the Public Garden center gate. From Charles Street, they will turn left onto Beacon Street, left onto Arlington Street, right onto Commonwealth Avenue (westbound), under Massachusetts Avenue, right onto Charlesgate East, left onto Beacon Street, right onto Bay State Road, left onto University Drive, right onto Commonwealth Avenue (westbound), turn around at Babcock Street, Commonwealth Avenue (westbound), left onto Beacon Street, right onto Charlesgate West, left onto Commonwealth Avenue (eastbound), under Massachusetts Avenue, right onto Arlington Street, left onto Boylston Street, right onto Charles Street.
Temporary Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event, Sunday, 6:00am to 12:00pm parking restrictions will be implemented at the following locations.
- Bay State Road, both sides, from Charlesgate West to Granby Street, metered parking spaces only
- Beacon Street,Public Garden side, from Charles Street to Arlington Street
- Boylston Street,Public Garden side, from Arlington Street t oCharles Street
- Commonwealth Avenue, northside of westbound roadway, from Granby Street to Alcorn Street
- Granby Street, both sides, fromBay State Road to Commonwealth Avenue
Also, Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event, Sunday,12:01am to 12:00pm parking restrictions will be implemented at the following location.
- Charles Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street
The event web site is www.baa.org
Telephone: 617-236-1652 (Boston Athletic Association)
An information flyer which contains a course map can be downloaded below, and may be reproduced by any media outlet to create community and neighborhood awareness and to assist residents and visitors to the Back Bay and downtown on Sunday.
For further information, please contact:
B.A.A. Communications Manager
B.A.A. Director of Marketing and Communications