Since 1887 the Boston Athletic Association has played an integral part in the support and development of running throughout the United States. From the representation with B.A.A. athletes at the 1896 Olympic Games in Athens to the 118th running of the Boston Marathon, the pursuit of excellence in middle and long distance running has always stood at the forefront of our organization. As we move forward, we are looking to raise the bar once again in our support of American distance running. To go along with our existing 400 member running club, we are now adding a high performance component to the B.A.A. This will be an elite group of 8-12 American runners that will have the full support of the organization to pursue their ultimate athletic achievements.
The mission is to build and sustain for years to come a high performance racing team with the purpose of securing podium positions at future US National Championships on the roads, track and cross country. Our ultimate goal will be to put B.A.A. athletes on World Championship and Olympic Teams so that they have the opportunity to represent themselves and their country at the highest level of competition in our sport.
In building out the B.A.A. High Performance program, we are looking to recruit athletes that display the following characteristics:
- Possess the talent and desire to make national teams.
- Work well training with others in a structured team environment.
- Will live and train in the Boston area for the majority of the year.
- Have an interest in connecting with the local running outreach programs.
- Meet one or more of the performance standards listed below.
- Have achieved NCAA All-American status in Cross Country, Indoor or Outdoor Track.
B.A.A. HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAM STANDARDS
|EVENT||Elite Men||Elite Women|
The above standards are used for consideration for entry onto the B.A.A. team, but do not presume an automatic qualification.
As a member of the BAA High Performance team you will receive the following training support:
- Training Stipend
- Performance Bonuses
- adidas Training & Competition Gear
- Housing Assistance
- Sports Therapy Assistance
- Travel Expenses/ Reimbursement
- Warm Weather/ Altitude Camps
- Training Facility Use
- Medical Support
- Sports Science Testing
Athletes that have met one of the performance standards listed above and are interested in becoming a member of the B.A.A. team should send an email of their running resume to the following address:
B.A.A. High Performance Coach