In April, runners from all over the world will come to Boston to participate in the Boston Marathon. The jamboree is your chance to see what the excitement is all about. Join us at the Reggie Lewis Athletic Center for track-inspired activities and youth age group races.
This year's event will be held on Sunday, March 12, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center in Roxbury, MA. VIP clinicians will include women’s running pioneer and the 1977 Boston Marathon runner-up Marilyn Bevans, members of the B.A.A. High Performance Team, Rio Paralympians Jerome Singleton and Femita Ayanbaku, 2012 Olympian and Boston native Ruben Sanca, Boston United TC/ Emmanuel College Coach Tony DaRocha and more!
- A chance to try run, jump and throw activities at a variety of stations
- Age-group races on the track
- Inclusive for visually and mobility impaired youth
- Medals for all participants
- Opportunities to take pictures with and get autographs from our VIP Clinicians
- A visit from a Boston team mascot who is also in ‘Spring Training’ and his furry friend who prefers the ice!
- A spirited celebration of Boston’s iconic race!
Children with Disabilities:
The Boston Marathon and other B.A.A. events welcome push-rim wheelchair competitors, athletes that may be visually impaired, as well as those who have mobility challenges. With the support Adaptive Sports New England, children who are visually impaired, have Cerebral Palsy, walk/run on a prosthetic, or have a similar mobility impairment are welcome to participate at the Jamboree. Children who use wheelchairs are also welcome, though we will not have racing wheelchairs at the Jamboree. If your child might benefit from the support of Adaptive Sports New England during the Jamboree, please contact email@example.com.