The Mayor’s Cup began in 1990 and the Boston Athletic Association, in partnership with adidas, has supported the event since 1997. Over that time, the event has grown to include multiple races for athletes of all ability levels, has become one of the premier cross country meets on the East Coast, and has been regarded as an important tune-up for the USA Fall National Club Cross Country Championship.
The Mayor’s Cup is directed by USA Track & Field – New England, and is staged with the cooperation of Boston Parks & Recreation and Boston Centers for Youth & Families. The youth portion consists of three races: girls’ & boys’ ages 6-10, girls’ & boys’ ages 11-12, and girls’ & boys’ ages 13-14. The course is the same 1.1 mile loop for all three age divisions. Additional information is below.
- All races are timed using ChampionChip technology
- Chips and instructions are provided to all runners on the morning of the event
- USATF rules and regulations apply to all events
- The following items are prohibited during the competition: use of headphones, running with pets, pushing of any “baby jogger”
- Girls and boys age 14 and under participate in the kids
For youths 6 to 14-years-old (age on race day)
Winners of the 6 to 14-years-old, 11 & 12-year-old, and 13 & 14-year-old divisions will receive awards. Second and third-place finishers will receive medals.
Scoring by club’s top three finishers by place in each race for each gender. Team must be a bona fide youth club or school.
For more information on Mayors Cup Cross Country, click the button below: