B.A.A. Youth Races (ages 14 and under) at the B.A.A. 10K
The B.A.A. 10K Youth Races give young and aspiring runners the chance to experience the fun and excitement of the B.A.A. 10K in shorter races designed with them in mind! Children will be grouped by age and have the opportunity to race without the pressure of competition.
DATE: Sunday, June 26
TIME: Races begin at 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: Boston Common (ball field), adjacent to Charles Street
ONLINE REGISTRATION: To RSVP for the B.A.A. 10K Youth Races, click below:
At 9:00 a.m., children 14 years old and younger may compete in races on Boston Common. The race distances will depend on the age of the participants. Sign up your child on race morning (online pre-registration coming soon). All participants will receive a bib number and participation award.
There is no entry fee for this event.
- Events will not be timed and results will not be recorded.
- Prior to the races, there will be opportunities to warm-up and participate in jumping and throwing games and activities.
- Please plan to arrive at the early part of registration if you will be registering your child/children on race morning.
- Parents, guardians and/or grown-ups should accompany kids and will be able to sign-up for the races beginning at 8:00 a.m. on race morning.
- 8:00 - 8:45: Registration and Independent Warm-Up Activities
- 8:45 - 9:30: Run, Jump and throw Games and Races
- 9:30: Youth Races for Girls & Boys 9 years old and younger on the ballfield
- 9:45: Youth Races for 10 - 14 year old girls & boys on Charles Street. Volunteers will escort the children to the start. Parents should plan to meet their child/children at the Finish.
- 10:00: B.A.A. Youth Races Conclude
On-site registration for the B.A.A. Youth Races begins at 8:00 a.m. adjacent to the baseball field. There is no fee, and they may begin racing at any time starting after 9:00 a.m.
All information above is subject to change at any time