B.A.A. Youth Races (ages 4-11) at the B.A.A. 10K
|The B.A.A. is carefully monitoring the weather for Sunday and we expect to conduct the youth races as planned, rain or shine. The safety of the participants is our top priority, however, and the races are subject to modification or cancellation at the sole discretion of the B.A.A. Furthermore, if the youth races are conducted, parents should use their best judgment as to whether or not their child(ren) should participate. |
The B.A.A. 10K Youth Races give young and aspiring runners the chance to experience the fun and excitement of the B.A.A. 10K in shorter races designed with them in mind! Children will be grouped by age and have the opportunity to race without the pressure of competition.
DATE: Sunday, June 21
TIME: Races begin at 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: Boston Common (ball field), adjacent to Charles Street
ONLINE REGISTRATION: To pre-register for the B.A.A. 10K Youth Races, click the button below (you can also register on site on race day, June 21):
At 9:00 a.m., chidren between four and 11 years old may compete in races on Boston Common. The race distances will depend on the age of the participants. Sign up your child on race morning (or pre-register below). All participants will receive a bib number and participation award.
There is no entry fee for this event.
- Events will not be timed and results will not be recorded.
- Prior to the races, there will be opportunities to warm-up and participate in jumping and throwing games and activities.
- Races will be grouped as follows: 4 & 5 year olds, 6-7 year olds, 8-9 year olds; 10-11 year olds
- Please plan to arrive at the early part of registration if you will be registering your child/children on race morning.
- Parents, guardians and/or grown-ups should accompany kids and will be able to sign-up for the races beginning at 8:00 a.m. on race morning.
- 8 AM - 8:45 AM: Registration and Independent Warm-Up Activities
- 8:45 AM - 9:30 AM Run, Jump and throw Games and Races
- 9:30 AM Youth Races for Girls & Boys 4-9 years old on the ballfield
- 9:45 AM Youth Races for 10 & 11 yaer old girls & boys on Charles Street. Volunteers will escort the children to the start. Parents should plan to meet their child/children at the Finish.
- 10:00 AM B.A.A. Youth Races Conclude
On-site registration for the B.A.A. Youth Races begins at 8:00 a.m. adjacent to the baseball field. There is no fee, and they may begin racing at any time starting after 9:00 a.m.
All information above is subject to change at any time