New start and finish location for 2014 B.A.A. 5K
The start and finish of the B.A.A. 5K will be relocated from Copley Square Park to Boston Common. The 2014 B.A.A. 5K course will be a scenic tour through Boston’s Back Bay and will take participants down Boylston Street and across the Boston Marathon finish line.
- The 5K (3.1 mile) flat, loop course starts and finishes at historic Boston Common.
- The course passes several Boston landmarks, including the Boston Marathon Finish Line and trendy Newbury Street.
- As the race begins on Charles Street between Boston Common and the Boston Public Garden, it proceeds left on Beacon Street. Runners then take a left on Arlington Street and a right onto Newbury Street.
- At Berkeley, runners take a right, and then a left onto Commonwealth Avenue.
- At Charlesgate, the runners will turn around and follow the Boston Marathon course taking a right on Hereford and then a left on Boylston passing over the Boston Marathon finish line and continue down Boylston Street before taking a left onto Charles Street for the Finish.
All of the above information is subject to change