2013 brings a new course for the B.A.A. 5K. This is to accommodate not only the growing field size, but also to show off more parts of beautiful Back Bay. Click the image above to see a large version of the map. Description of the new course is below:
- The 5K (3.1 mile) flat, loop course begins on Boylston Street between Clarendon Street and Berkeley Street, and ends at the Boston Marathon finish line.
- It passes several Boston landmarks, including Boston Common and the Public Garden.
- As the race begins, it proceeds straight on Boylston Street, making a left on Charles Street between Boston Common and the Public Garden, then a left on Beacon Street. Runners then take a left on Arlington Street and a right onto Newbury Street.
- At Berkeley, runners take a right to Commonwealth Avenue.
- At Dartmouth Street, the runners take a left to Newbury Street where they run on part of the Invitational Mile course before taking a right on Exeter Street.
- The runners then take a left returning to Commonwealth Avenue.
- At Charles Gate, the runners will turn around and follow the Boston Marathon course taking a right on Hereford and then a left on Boylston to the Boston Marathon finish line.