Saturday, April 18, 8:00 a.m. ET
|6:30 - 7:50 a.m.
|Wednesday, February 4, 10:00 a.m. ET
||Field size is limited to 10,000 entrants|
PRE-RACE INSTRUCTIONS & BIB NUMBER AND T-SHIRT DISTRIBUTION
- Your bib number was included with the B.A.A. 5K Participant Information mailing.
There will not be bib distribution on the day of the race or at the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo for the B.A.A. 5K.
- Please check that your registration information is correctly imprinted upon your bib.
- Please do not fold or forcefully bend your bib.
- The timing and scoring device is affixed to the back of your bib and should not be damaged or removed from the bib.
- Please wear your bib on the front of your torso on your outer-most layer.
- Bib numbers are not transferrable.
- You may not run with someone else’s bib number.
- If inaccuracies appear on the bib number, or your bib number appears damaged, please call the B.A.A. Registration Office at (508) 435-6905 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon completing the race, you may claim your official t-shirt near the refreshments area.
- You may choose to pick up your t-shirt on the morning of the race, prior to the start.
- Entrants can check belongings at a designated location near the start on Boston Common.
- Bags will be provided and belongings must be claimed following the race.
- Please use the gear check tag affixed to your bib number to identify your bag once the race has concluded.
- You must use a plastic bag provided by the B.A.A. to check your belongings.
- The clear, plastic bag will be provided on-site at the gear check area near the start/finish area.
- Please do not check valuables.
- The B.A.A. is not responsible for lost items.
GETTING TO BOSTON COMMON
On race day, there are three ways to the starting line:
- MBTA stations
- Nearby parking
- Drop-off and Pick-up area
MASSACHUSETTS BAY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY (MBTA)
The closest MBTA stop to the start and finish location is the Park Street stop on the MBTA Green and Red Lines. Boylston and Arlington are also nearby stops on the Green Line. For a complete map and schedule, please visit http://mbta.com/
The B.A.A. recommends that 5K runners park at the 100 Clarendon Street Garage in Boston’s Back Bay. With race-day road closures in effect, this is the best location to park your vehicle on Saturday morning. We strongly advise those entrants who are driving to park in the 100 Clarendon Street Garage, or other area parking garages listed here:
- 100 Clarendon Street Garage, Boston, MA 02116
- Millenium Place Garage at Ritz Carlton, 6 Avery Street, Boston, MA 02111
- Standard Parking, 290 Tremont Street, Boston MA 02116
- Central Parking System, 10 St. James Avenue, Boston, MA 02116
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP INFORMATION
Please note that Charles Street will close at 5:00 a.m. and drop-off access near the start line will be blocked. If you plan on being dropped off on race morning, please plan to do so on Beacon, Boylston, Tremont, or other nearby streets.
The start and finish line for the B.A.A. 5K is located at Charles Street between the Boston Public Garden and Boston Common. In order to ease course congestion, a multiple pulsed start program will be implemented. Runners will be seeded according to their expected finishing time. Signs will be positioned in the start area on Charles Street to indicate your start position. The timing and scoring system will begin recording your time once you cross the starting line. Your net time will be your official time.
All information above is subject to change