DATE: Sunday, April 14, 2013
TIME: 8:00 a.m. EDT
LOCATION: Starts and finishes near Copley Square Park in Boston's Back Bay
FIELD SIZE: Limited to 6,500 entrants.
DISTANCE: 5 kilometers (3.1 miles)
ENTRY FEE: $45 (USD)
- Official 5K finisher's medal
- Short-sleeve t-shirt, provided by adidas
- Accurate, certified course with mile clocks, electronic timing and scoring
- Post-race refreshments
- Race photography by Marathon Foto
RACE COURSE: The 3.1-mile course will be a fun, scenic tour mostly though Boston's Back Bay, and also taking in notable other neighborhoods and attractions. The race begins near Copley Square Park and finishes at the Boston Marathon finish line on Boylston Street.
AWARDS: Top three overall as well as top three in each age division (10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+).
The top three in each age group will receive a gift card, redeemable towards adidas footwear, apparel and accessories at shopadidas.com
MINIMUM AGE: Runners must be at least 10 years of age
- This road race, due to the concern for re-opening the streets to vehicular traffic, necessitates that entrants be able to complete the course in 60 minutes or less.
- Following the B.A.A. 5K on race morning, the B.A.A. will once again present the B.A.A. Invitational Mile for the entertainment and viewing pleasure of participants in the 5K and Boston Marathon.
- The B.A.A. Invitational Mile includes professional and scholastic sections.
- Plan to run the 5K and stay to watch the Mile races!
All information above is subject to change