Important Information Regarding Your Volunteer Assignment
VOLUNTEER BAGGAGE POLICIES FOR THE 2017 BOSTON MARATHON
The following information pertains to all volunteers working race day or race weekend.
Volunteers who carry bags are subject to random screening in certain areas and guaranteed screening in other areas. Please carry what you need in your pockets, small waist pack or a clear plastic bag (guidelines below) and bring as little as possible to your assignment. This will avoid unnecessary and/or frequent checks and allow you to focus on your volunteer responsibilities.
Allowable items for volunteers
A one gallon clear plastic bag to carry food items or drink only.
Fanny pack (no larger than 5 inches x 15 inches x 5 inches) to carry food, nutritional products, medicine, identification, cell phone, home/hotel key or other similar and necessary small items.
Prohibited items for volunteers
- Backpacks, any similar item carried over the shoulder, or handbags of any size
- Glass containers
- Any container capable of carrying more than 1 liter of liquid
- Strollers, including baby strollers
- Suitcases & rolling bags
- Personal hydration system products (such as CamelBak®, Thor®, etc)
- Weight vests or any sort of vest with pockets (Note: lightweight running vests are allowable)
- Costumes covering the face or any non-form fitting, bulky outfits extending beyond the perimeter of the body
- Props (including sporting equipment and military and fire/gear and signs or flags larger than 11 inches x 17 inches)
- Any item larger than 5 inches x 15 inches x 5 inches