Volunteering for the Boston Marathon
Thank you for your interest in becoming a 2014 Boston Marathon volunteer. Ninety-five percent of our Boston Marathon volunteer corps is generally comprised of returning individual volunteers and members returning volunteer groups. For the 2014 Boston Marathon, we will once again reserve a volunteer position for each of our officially registered volunteers from the previous year if they wish to return.
If you would like to volunteer for the 2014 Boston Marathon, click the button below:
- If you volunteered at the 2013 Boston Marathon we are saving a volunteer position for you!
- You must claim your spot by registering online during the registration window.
- If you did not volunteer in 2013 but are a returning volunteer we will do our very best to accommodate you, please register online during the registration window.
- Please review the volunteer pages on the left before completing your registration to review any known changes to your volunteer assignment.
- We expect that we will be able to send Assignment Confirmation emails on or around Monday, February 24, 2014.
- Please register online during the registration window.
- Volunteer assignments are made based on volunteer history and job availability at the time you apply.
- About ninety-five percent of the volunteer jobs are filled by veteran volunteers and/or filled by local, returning groups (clubs, teams, family groups, etc) that have been with us for many years.
- The remaining five percent of the positions are filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Please also note that we typically receive about 1,000 more applicants than we have assignments to fill.
- Selecting at least one job in Hopkinton when you fill out your application is a great way to increase your chances of being selected on your first year.
- We expect to be able to notify you of your acceptance on or around Monday, February 24, 2014.