John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo and Boston Marathon Bib Number Pick-Up
Number Pick-up and the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo will be located at the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center at 900 Boylston St. in Boston. The John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center is located just blocks away from the Hynes Convention Center stop on the MBTA’s Green Line, as well as from the Green Line’s Copley station, near the Boston Marathon finish line.
Friday, April 14, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 15, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 16, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
NUMBER PICK-UP CARD
All runners are mailed a Bib Number Pick-up card, printed with individual runner's bib number. YOUR BIB NUMBER PICK-UP CARD AND A GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP YOUR BIB NUMBER!
Please verify the accuracy of all personal information on your card when you receive it in the mail. If any changes need to be made, please e mail email@example.com or make a photocopy of the card, mark the corrections, and mail to: B.A.A. Corrections, One Ash St., Hopkinton, MA 01748-1897.
Please be prepared to show your photo I.D. If you have lost your card, a duplicate will be issued upon presentation of a photo I.D. Special tables will be set up in the Number Pick-up area for this purpose. After you receive your bib number, you will be directed to pick up your T-shirt and race packet. ALL PARTICPANTS MUST CLAIN THEIR OWN BIB NUMBER - FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CLAIM YOUR BIB NUMBER.
Your official race bib number has important information printed on it and, therefore, it is critical for it to be clearly displayed on the front of your torso during the entire race.
- Do not alter, fold, cover, or reproduce the bib number in any way.
- Bib numbers are not transferable or exchangeable. No one else may wear your bib number.
- Fill in necessary medical and emergency contact information on the reverse side of your bib number.
- Do not go back on any part of the race course, and do not cross the finish line twice.
- The B.A.A. asks participants not to post close-up pictures of their bib number on social media before the race to avoid fraudulent bib duplication. If an athlete is found to have duplicated a bib number, or if his/her bib number has been duplicated by another party, the athlete will be subject to disqualification. Upon receiving a bib number by way of qualifying, as a guest, or as a fundraiser for charity, the athlete takes sole responsibility for their bib number. The B.A.A. will disqualify anyone found to have duplicated a bib number, or been the source of a duplicated bib number.
- Security personnel reserve the right to check any bags that are brought into the Hynes Convention Center.
- The official bib that is assigned to you by the B.A.A. for the 2017 Boston Marathon must be visible at all times while on/in B.A.A. buses and other B.A.A. vehicles; entering, and in, the Athletes’ Village in Hopkinton; in the start area corrals and start area; on the race course; and in the finish area in Boston.
- Your bib number may not be altered or copied in any way and may not be transferred to another participant or another B.A.A. event. Any individual who violates this rule will not be allowed to participate.
- Absolutely no marathon bib numbers will be available for pick-up on race day, Monday, April 17.
- After you pick up your number you will be directed to tables that indicate the T-shirt sizes (Womens: S - XL; Men's: S - XL).
All of the above information is subject to change