Registration for the 2015 Boston Marathon will open on Monday, September 8, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. ET. The B.A.A. will use the same process to register qualified runners as it used for the Boston Marathon in 2012, 2013 and 2014, allowing the fastest qualifiers to register first. See qualifying standards, by clicking the button below:
The 119th Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 20, 2015, Patriots’ Day in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and will mark the 30th consecutive year that the event will have John Hancock Financial as its principal sponsor.
Registration will be held entirely online at www.baa.org. The qualification window for the 2015 Boston Marathon began last year on September 14, 2013.
To qualify for the Boston Marathon, athletes must meet time standards which correspond to age and gender. The qualifying times for the 2015 Boston Marathon remain unchanged from recent years and are listed on the B.A.A.’s website: http://www.baa.org/races/boston-marathon/participant-information/qualifying/qualifying-standards.aspx
Registration will occur on a “rolling admission” schedule, beginning with the fastest qualifiers.
- On Monday, September 8, eligible runners who have met the qualifying standard for their age and gender by 20 minutes or more may register.
- On Wednesday, September 10 at 10:00 a.m. ET, if space remains, registration will open for those who have met their qualifying standard by 10 minutes or more.
- If space remains, registration will open on Friday, September 12 at 10:00 a.m. ET for those who have met their qualifying standard by five minutes or more.
- Registration will close on Saturday, September 13 at 10:00 p.m. ET.
If space remains after the first week of registration (Monday, September 8 through Saturday, September 13), then registration will re-open for all qualifiers from Monday, September 15 at 10:00 a.m. ET through Wednesday, September 17 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- As during the first week of registration, entry during this period (September 15 - 17) will not be first-come, first-served and the fastest qualifiers among these submissions will be given entry as space allows.
- If space remains after this initial period, then on Monday, September 22 registration will re-open to anyone who meets the qualifying standards.
- Registration will remain open on a first-come, first-served basis until the maximum field size is reached.
The registration process ensures that the fastest qualifiers will be accepted first. However, achieving one’s qualifying standard does not guarantee entry. Those who are the fastest among the pool of applicants in their age and gender group will be accepted.
The registration fee for the 2015 Boston Marathon for qualifiers is $175 USD for United States residents and $225 USD for international residents.
Working in cooperation with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the eight cities and towns along the Boston Marathon route, the B.A.A. will set and announce the field size for the 2015 Boston Marathon this summer. The 2013 Boston Marathon had 27,000 official entrants, and the special 118th Boston Marathon in 2014 featured a larger field size of 36,000 entrants (32,530 starters; 32,004 finishers).
A FEW IMPORTANT NOTES:
- The 2015 Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 20, 2015, Patriots’ Day in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- The qualifying standards for the 2015 Boston Marathon, shown below, are the same as the qualifying standards for the 2014 Boston Marathon.
- There is no 59 second “cushion” allowed for qualifying times for the 2015 Boston Marathon. This is unchanged from recent years.
- The B.A.A. will make an announcement if the field size limit is reached prior to the conclusion of the registration period.
- Though the B.A.A. will email registrants upon the completion of their form, runners are not officially entered into the race until their qualifying time is verified. This length of time may vary and can be as long as several days, depending on the qualifying marathon.
- The qualification window for the 2015 Boston Marathon began on Saturday, September 14, 2013 and will remain open until the conclusion of registration.
2016 BOSTON MARATHON
- The qualification window for the 2016 Boston Marathon will begin on Saturday, September 13, 2014.
- Registration dates for the 2016 Boston Marathon have not yet been announced.
- The qualifying standards for the 2016 Boston Marathon, shown below, are the same as the qualifying standards for the 2015 Boston Marathon.
- The 2016 Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 18, 2016.
All of the above information is subject to change