Don't leave home without it!
Once again, the Boston Athletic Association has created a RUNNER PASSPORT® to help all runners maximize their Boston Marathon experience. There are city maps, visitor suggestions, and key race information throughout the booklet, and you should not leave home with out it. Most importantly, your Bib Number Pick-Up Card is the back cover, and can be submitted at the John Hancock Sports and Fitness Expo.
RUNNER PASSPORT MAILING
Runner Passports will be mailed by the end of March. You can expect them to arrive by the beginning of April. If your Runner Passport does not arrive before you leave for Boston, please come to the Replacement Number Pick-Up booth at the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo with a valid photo ID, and a duplicate will be reissued to you. This booth will be located in the Number Pick-Up area.
WHAT'S IN THE RUNNER PASSPORT?
- Bib Number Pick-Up Card (see below)
- Detailed Schedule of Events
- John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo Maps
- Information on Gear Check
- Race Day Timelines
- Detailed Finish Area Maps
- Pre-Race and Post-Race Party Information*
- 26 Things to Do and See in Boston
And much more!
PARTICIPANT BIB NUMBER PICK-UP CARD
- Printed with individual runner's bib number, your bib number pick-up card is contained in your Runner Passport.
- YOUR BIB NUMBER PICK-UP CARD AND A GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP YOUR BIB NUMBER!
- Please verify the accuracy of all personal information on your card when you receive it in the mail.
- The B.A.A. requires that all participants claim their own bib number at the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo during normal expo hours. Friends or family will not be allowed to claim bib numbers.
If you have lost your card, please come to the Replacement Number Pick-Up booth at the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo with a valid photo ID, and a duplicate will be reissued to you. This booth will be located in the Number Pick-Up area.
After you receive your bib number, you'll be given your participant packet, and a lanyard with a plastic sleeve. Put your Runner Passport in the sleeve, and you may wish to wear it around your neck to identify yourself to others as a Boston Marathon participant. You earned it!
* Tickets for the Pre-Race Dinner and Post-Race Party will be in your Runner Packet that you receive when you pick up your bib number at the Expo.