What to expect during the event
- For your convenience, an ample number of portable toilets will be placed near the start/finish area for use before and after the race.
- Please use these units. Participants are requested to respect the surrounding private and public property by using the portable toilets provided.
- Portable toilets will be placed near each fluid replacement station on the course (at every other mile, beginning at mile 2).
- Please help us reflect well on the communities we utilize.
- Medical personnel will be available to give emergency care, as well as attend to non-critical injuries, at miles 0.7, 2.0, 4.5, 7.5, 11.2, 12.0, and the finish.
- Additionally, a medical bus will be located at the turnaround at mile 4.7.
DROP-OUT AND COURSE CLOSURE
- Runners unable to finish the race may stop at one of the medical facilities along the course for assistance and direction.
- Sweep vans will follow the race, picking up runners who are unable to finish the course.
- Finish area facilities officially close at 12:00 p.m.
- For safety reasons, strollers, in-line skates, skateboards (and similar vehicles of any kind), and animals are not permitted.
- The use of headphones is discouraged but permitted.
COURSE CLOCKS AND MILE SIGNAGE
- Digital clocks, positioned at every mile and at the finish line, will indicate the unofficial time from the starter’s gun.
AT&T ATHLETE ALERT
The B.A.A. is proud to introduce the AT&T Athlete Alert program to the B.A.A. Half Marathon! With live updates from the five-mile and ten-mile marks, your biggest fans will be able to track your progress as you run along the Emerald Necklace Park System, and as you cross the finish line at White Stadium, your net time will be sent to subscribers near and far.
To sign up, text* RUNNER to 345678
*Subscribers will be opted in to receive three messages during the race. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel, text HELP for assistance. This program is available on the following carriers: AT&T, Boost, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, and Verizon Wireless.
COURSE AMENITIES AND FLUID REPLACEMENT
Poland Spring® Brand 100% Natural Spring Water will be available at every other mile beginning at mile two, and Gatorade Endurance Formula™ will be available at miles 6, 9.5, and 10.5. PowerBar® Gel will be available near mile six.
All the information above is subject to change