Sunday, October 9, 8:00 a.m.
|SCHEDULE OF EVENTS||TIME|
|Shuttle service and warm-up
||5:30 - 7:30 a.m.|
|Roads close within Franklin Park
|Post-race refreshments & entertainment
|Return shuttle service commence
|Return shuttle service ends
|Wednesday, July 13, 10:00 a.m. ET CLOSED
Registration for the 16th B.A.A. Half Marathon, presented by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund, closed after its 9,000 entrant field size limit was reached. The B.A.A. Half Marathon will be held on Sunday, October 9, and will be the third and final race in the 2016 B.A.A. Distance Medley. Registration opened on Wednesday, July 13 at 10:00 a.m. ET, and closed at 5:00 p.m. ET, on Thursday, July 14.
REGISTRATION REMAINS OPEN FOR DANA-FARBER FUNDRAISING TEAM
General registration may be closed, but registration remains open for Dana-Farber’s B.A.A. Half Marathon Fundraising Team. Add meaning to your miles as you run toward the ultimate finish line: a world without cancer! Dana-Farber team members receive an official B.A.A. Half Marathon race entry, personal fundraising webpage, training program designed by 1976 Boston Marathon winner Jack Fultz, and a Dana-Farber singlet! For more information, click below:
TIMING & RESULTS
An electronic timing system will enable you to receive your net time, which will be your official time. Net time starts when you cross the start line mat, and concludes when you cross the finish line mat. The timing and scoring tag will be affixed to the back of your bib, and must not be bent, creased, or cracked for you to be scored, timed, and to appear among the results as an official finisher.
Official participants have three hours (3:00:00) net time to complete the race. Only participants who complete the race within this alloted time will be considered official finishers. Roads and paths along the route will begin to re-open to traffic prior to the conclusion of timing and scoring, and those remaining on the course will be directed off the roadways and on to walkways by local police. Results will be posted Sunday afternoon on www.baa.org and www.coolrunning.com.
DISTANCE MEDLEY REGISTRANTS
If you are an officially registered participant in the 2016 B.A.A. Distance Medley, you do NOT need to register for the 2016 B.A.A. Half Marathon during individual registration. Upon being officially accepted into the 2016 B.A.A. Distance Medley, you are automatically entered into the 2016 B.A.A. 5K, 2016 B.A.A. 10K, and 2016 B.A.A. Half Marathon.
PRE-RACE INSTRUCTIONS, BIB NUMBER DISTRIBUTION, AND T-SHIRT PICK-UP
- U.S. residents will have their bib number and participant information brochure mailed to their address on file.
- International residents, including Canada, may pick up their bib number on race day at the Registration Tent near the start and finish line between 6:30 and 7:45 a.m.
- Please check that your registration information is correctly imprinted upon your bib.
- Please do not fold or forcefully bend your bib.
- The timing and scoring device is affixed to the back of your bib and should not be damaged or removed from the bib.
- Please wear your bib on the front of your torso on your outer-most layer.
- Bib numbers are not transferrable.
- You may not run with someone else’s bib number.
- If inaccuracies appear on the bib number, or your bib number appears damaged, please call the B.A.A. Registration Office at (508) 435-6905 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Upon completing the race, you may claim your official t-shirt near the refreshments area.
- You may choose to pick up your t-shirt on the morning of the race, prior to the start.
All information above is subject to change