2015 B.A.A. Half Marathon Registration is now closed.
Thank you for your interest in the 2015 B.A.A. Half Marathon, but registration is now closed.
Still interested in running the B.A.A. Half Marathon? Consider enhancing your training and race-day experience by registering for the Dana-Farber fundraising team. As the title sponsor of the B.A.A. Half Marathon, Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund has a team of runners that will advance cancer research and improve patient care through their fundraising efforts. Interested runners who've missed the chance to register through the B.A.A. can still register to join the Dana-Farber team by clicking here.
Contact the Dana-Farber Running Programs office for more information.
There was a random selection component to the registration process for the 2015 B.A.A. Half Marathon when entries were accepted. The total field size for the event is 8,500 participants.
There were 2,640 runners pre-registered for the event though B.A.A. Distance Medley (B.A.A. 5K, B.A.A. 10K, and B.A.A. Half Marathon) registration held in January. An additional 700 runners will comprise the Dana-Farber Fundraising Team and each will raise at least $750 for the Jimmy Fund. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund have been the event's presenting sponsor since 2003. Once the elite field and other invitational entries were accounted for, this left approximately 5,000 entries available through online registration that opened on July 15.
Registration opened on Wednesday, July 15, at 10:00 a.m. ET, and 2,000 entrants were accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The remaining 3,000 spots were filled through random selection of applicants who submitted an entry by Thursday, July 16, at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Entry for the B.A.A. Half Marathon was held entirely online at www.baa.org, and the entry fee was $75 USD.
- No additional fee was imposed for an entry submission into the random selection.
- Participants in the B.A.A. Half Marathon must be at least 14-years old on race day.
- Every submission had an equal chance of being selected, and the odds of being selected was based on the total number of submissions received.
- Entry in the B.A.A. Half Marathon cannot be transferred, refunded, or deferred.
- Those who were accepted through random selection and those not accepted received notification via email from the B.A.A. on Friday, July 17 by 5:00 p.m. ET.
- If you were not chosen in the random selection, you will not be charged the entry fee.