Parking, Pick Up, and More
GETTING TO WHITE STADIUM IN FRANKLIN PARK
- Playstead field and White Stadium (also known as Schoolboy Stadium) is within Boston’s Franklin Park.
- There will be no parking within Franklin Park on race day.
- Limited parking is available in the surrounding neighborhoods of Roxbury, Dorchester, and Jamaica Plain.
- Participants planning to park are reminded to obey parking signage.
PARKING/SHUTTLE SERVICE INFORMATION
There will be no parking in Franklin Park on Race Day, and race participants are encouraged to park at UMass Boston and use the free shuttles which will begin running at 6:30 a.m.
Volunteers and directional signage on site will direct runners to the appropriate lots within the Campus of UMass:
- UMass Boston (directions)
- JFK/UMass MBTA Station (map)
- Forest Hills MBTA Station (map)
MBTA/SHUTTLE SERVICE INFORMATION
- The MBTA will begin running at 5:15 a.m. on Sunday, October 13.
- The two nearest MBTA stations to White Stadium are Green Street and Forest Hills - the last two stops on the Orange Line.
- A shuttle service will begin picking up runners from the Forest Hills train station at 6:30 a.m., and bring them to Franklin Park.
- The Forest Hills MBTA station is less than 1.5 miles from White Stadium.
- There will be no shuttle service from the Green Street station.
- The Green Street MBTA station is less than one mile from White Stadium, and runners are welcome to walk.
- For more information on the MBTA, click here.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP INFORMATION
For those runners planning on being dropped off and picked up from Franklin Park, a designated area will be available at North Peabody Circle, at the entrance of the Franklin Park Zoo near the intersection of Blue Hill Avenue, Columbia Road, and Franklin Park road.
Please note that roads within Franklin Park will close at 7:45 a.m. and drop off access near the start line will be blocked. If you plan to be dropped off on race morning, please plan to do so between 6:30 a.m. - and 7:45 a.m.
Directions to the Drop-off and Pick-up location
BIB NUMBER AND T-SHIRT DISTRIBUTION
- Runners will have their bib numbers mailed to their address before the race.
- When you receive your bib number, please check that your registration information is correctly imprinted upon it.
There will be pre-race bib distribution for international runners only, or if you did not receive your bib in the mail.
If any changes need to be made to the bib number, or if you haven’t received your bib number by Wednesday, October 9, please call the B.A.A. Registration Office at 508-435-6905 or send an e-mail detailing the necessary correction to email@example.com.
- A timing tag will be attached to your bib number.
- It’s important that the number not be forcefully bent, as it may damage the timing device and jeopardize recording your race time.
- Upon completing the race, you’ll receive an official t-shirt near the refreshments area.
- T-shirts will be distributed before the race.
- Bib numbers are not transferable. Those attempting to transfer their bib numbers, as well as those in receipt of a transferred entry, will be disqualified.
- Entrants can check belongings at a designated location near the start.
- Bags will be provided and belongings must be claimed following the race.
- Please use the baggage tag affixed to your bib number to help us identify your bag once the race has concluded.
- You may use your own bag or a plastic bag provided by the B.A.A. to check your belongings.
- Please do not check valuables.
B.A.A. HALF MARATHON PRE-RACE TRAINING CLINICS
In cooperation with adidas and Marathon Sports, the Boston Athletic Association once again will offer a B.A.A. Half Marathon Training Clinic Series to help you run your best time. The clinics are free and open to all registered entrants and their guests.
Each clinic begins with exclusive, discounted shopping on adidas footwear and apparel from 5:30 to 6:00 p.m., followed by a 45-minute presentation beginning at 6:00 p.m. At the end of each clinic, there will be a raffle drawing for adidas prizes, and a question and answer session with the speakers.
B.A.A. HALF MARATHON APPAREL
adidas and Marathon Sports will be present at Franklin Park during the pre-race festivities at the B.A.A. Half Marathon on Sunday, October 13. Perfect for racing or training, a variety of custom-designed, technical apparel will be available at select Marathon Sports locations in the Boston-metro area in the weeks leading up to the race. B.A.A. Half Marathon apparel is supplied exclusively by adidas, and is only available at Marathon Sports.
RACE PHOTOGRAPHY BY MARATHON FOTO
All information above is subject to change