What you need to know before the race
B.A.A. OFFICIAL SHUTTLE SERVICE
- We strongly recommend race participants who are driving take the official B.A.A. shuttles.
- The B.A.A. will provide shuttle bus service from three locations that will drop off runners at Franklin Park near the intersection of Humboldt Avenue and Seaver Street (less than a quarter-mile from the start line).
- The shuttle locations are: BOSTON CONVENTION AND EXHIBITION CENTER PARKING LOT, JFK/UMASS MBTA STATION (MBTA Red line) , and FOREST HILLS MBTA STATION (MBTA Orange Line)
- Find out what you need to know about getting to the start line of the 2015 B.A.A. Half Marathon
|Bib Number & SHIRT DISTRIBUTION|
Runners will have their bib numbers mailed to their address before the race. There will not be bib distribution on the day of the race.
If you opted to pick up your bib and participant t-shirt during race week at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase (855 Boylston Street, Boston, MA) then you may do so during the following hours*:
Thursday, October 8 12:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Friday, October 9 12:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 10 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
International Residents Only : Your bib numbers will be available on race-day at the Information Booth from 6:30 a.m. - 7:50 a.m.
- Please check that your registration information is correctly imprinted upon your bib.
- Please do not fold, crease, or forcefully bend your bib.
The timing and scoring device is affixed to the back of your bib, and should not be damaged or removed from
If your bib number appears damaged, please call the B.A.A. Registration Office at 508-435-6905 or send an e-mail detailing the necessary correction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official race shirts will be given out to runners before and after the race.
* Only those who selected this pick-up option may claim their bib and participant t-shirt at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase
- Entrants can check belongings at a designated location near the start.
- Bags will be provided and belongings must be claimed following the race.
- Please use the baggage tag affixed to your bib number to help us identify your bag once the race has concluded.
- You may use your own clear bag or a clear plastic bag provided by the B.A.A. to check your belongings.
- Please do not check valuables.
- In order to ease course congestion, a multiple pulsed start program will be implemented.
- Runners will be seeded according to their bib numbers.
- Signs will be positioned in the start area to indicate your start position by bib number and expected pace per mile.
- The timing and scoring system will begin recording your time once you cross the starting line.
- Your net time will be your official time.
- An electronic timing system will enable you to receive your net time, which will be your official time.
- The timing and scoring tag will be affixed to the back of your bib, and must not be bent, creased, or cracked for you to be scored, timed, and to appear among the results as an official finisher.
Timing will conclude two hours, 30 minutes following the conclusion of the start procedure (estimated at 8:15/8:20am).
- Roads and paths along the route will begin to reopen to traffic prior to the conclusion of timing and scoring, and those remaining on the course will be directed off the roadways and on to walkways by local police.
- Results will be posted Sunday afternoon on www.baa.org and www.coolrunning.com.
All information above is subject to change