What you need to know before the race
|Bib Number & SHIRT DISTRIBUTION|
If you opted to pick up your bib and participant t-shirt during race week at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase (855 Boylston Street, Boston, MA) then you may do so during the following hours*:
- Thursday, October 6 12:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 7 12:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 8 12:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- If you do no opt to pick up your bib at RunBase, then it will be mailed to your address on file.
International Residents Only : Your bib numbers will be available on race-day at the Information Booth from 6:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.
- Please check that your registration information is correctly imprinted upon your bib.
- Please do not fold, crease, or forcefully bend your bib.
The timing and scoring device is affixed to the back of your bib, and should not be damaged or removed from the bib.
If your bib number appears damaged, please call the B.A.A. Registration Office at 508-435-6905 or send an e-mail detailing the necessary correction to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official race shirts will be given out to runners before and after the race.
* Only those who selected this pick-up option may claim their bib and participant t-shirt at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase
- We strongly recommend race participants who are driving take the official B.A.A. shuttles.
- The B.A.A. will provide shuttle bus service from three locations that will drop off runners at Franklin Park near the intersection of Humboldt Avenue and Seaver Street (less than a quarter-mile from the start line).
- The shuttle locations are: Channel Center Garage/Necco Street Garage, JFK/UMASS MBTA Station (Red line) , or Forest Hills MBTA Station (Orange Line).
- Find out what you need to know about getting to the start line of the 2016 B.A.A. Half Marathon
- Entrants can check belongings at a designated location near the start.
- Bags will be provided and belongings must be claimed following the race.
- Please use the baggage tag affixed to your bib number to help us identify your bag once the race has concluded.
- You may use your own clear bag or a clear plastic bag provided by the B.A.A. to check your belongings.
- Please do not check valuables.
- The B.A.A. is not responsible for lost items.
- In order to ease course congestion, a multiple pulsed start program will be implemented.
- Signs will be positioned in the start area to indicate your start position based upon expected pace per mile.
- The timing and scoring system will begin recording your time once you cross the starting line.
- Your net time will be your official time (see Timing & Results below for more information).
- All runners must cross the start line in a timely manner in order to be considered an official finisher.
- At this year’s B.A.A. Half Marathon, Clif Bar will be leading eight different pace teams to help you run your goal half marathon time.
- The pace teams will be for the following finishing times: 1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 2:00, 2:15, and 2:30.
- Be on the lookout for Clif Bar pacers, and make sure to visit their tent before and after the race!
- An electronic timing system will enable you to receive your net time (when you cross the start line mat), which will be your official time.
- The timing and scoring tag will be affixed to the back of your bib, and must not be bent, creased, or cracked for you to be scored, timed, and to appear among the results as an official finisher.
- Timing will conclude three hours after the starting horn sounds.
- Official participants have three hours (3:00:00) net time to complete the race.
Only participants who complete the race within this allotted time will be considered official finishers.
- Digital clocks, positioned at every mile and at the finish line, will indicate the unofficial time from the starter’s gun.
- Roads and paths along the route will begin to reopen to traffic prior to the conclusion of timing and scoring, and those remain¬ing on the course will be directed off the roadways and on to walkways by local police.
- Results will be posted by the end of race day on www.baa.org and www.coolrunning.com.
- The B.A.A. is proud to bring AT&T Athlete Alerts back to the B.A.A. Half Marathon!
- With live updates from the five-mile and ten-mile marks, your biggest fans will be able to track your progress as you run along the Emerald Necklace park system.
- As you cross the finish line at White Stadium, your net time will be sent to family and friends near and far.
To sign up, text* RUNNER to 63661
* Subscribers will be opted in to receive three messages during the race. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel, text HELP for assistance. This program is available on the following carriers: AT&T, Boost, Nextel, Sprint, T Mobile, US Cellular, and Verizon Wireless.
All information above is subject to change