Boys’ and Girls’ 1.1-mile Races
The Mayor’s Cup began in 1990 and the Boston Athletic Association, in partnership with adidas, has supported the event since 1997. Over that time, the event has grown to include multiple races for athletes of all ability levels, has become one of the premier cross country meets on the East Coast, and has been regarded as an important tune-up for the USA Fall National Club Cross Country Championship.
The Mayor’s Cup is directed by USA Track & Field – New England, and is staged with the cooperation of Boston Parks & Recreation and Boston Centers for Youth & Families. The youth portion consists of three races: girls’ & boys’ ages 6-10, girls’ & boys’ ages 11-12, and girls’ & boys’ ages 13-14. The course is the same 1.1 mile loop for all three age divisions. Additional information is below.
- The first 350 youth entrants will receive Mayor’s Cup T-shirts
- All races will be timed using ChampionChip technology
- Chips and instructions will be provided to all runners on the morning of the event
- USATF rules and regulations apply to all events
- The following items are prohibited during the competition: use of headphones, running with pets, pushing of any “baby jogger”
- Girls and boys age 14 and under participate in the kids
To fill out the registration form for any of the Mayors Cup races, click the button below:
To fill out an offline registration form for the Girls' or Boys' races, click the button below:
ELIGIBILITY: For youths 6 to 14-years-old (age on race day)
START TIMES (tentative)
Girls’ & Boys’ 6-10: 10:00 a.m.
Girls’ & Boys’ 11-12: 10:15 a.m.
Girls’ & Boys’ 13-14: 10:30 a.m.
ENTRY FEE: $5.00 (pre-event) or $10.00 (day of event)
INDIVIDUAL AWARDS: Winners of the 6 to 14-years-old, 11 & 12-year-old, and 13 & 14-year-old divisions will receive awards. Second and third-place finishers will receive medals.
TEAM SCORING: Scoring by club’s top three finishers by place in each race for each gender. Team must be a bona fide youth club or school.
- Scoring members of the first, second and third-place clubs (girls and boys) will receive medals
- Awards Presentation: 11:15 a.m. (tentative)
- An area will be designated for participating clubs, schools and teams
- Please note the team area when you arrive at the course and as indicated on the course maps
- Course maps will be available at registration and in team packets
- Boston Park Rangers will monitor the placement of pop-up tents and signage
All of the above information is subject to change