Boys’ and Girls’ 1.1-mile Races
- The first 350 youth entrants will receive Mayor’s Cup T-shirts
- All races will be timed using ChampionChip technology
- Chips and instructions will be provided to all runners on the morning of the event
- USATF rules and regulations apply to all events
- The following items are prohibited during the competition: use of headphones, running with pets, pushing of any “baby jogger”
- Girls and boys age 14 and under participate in the kids
Eligibility: For youths 6 to 14-years-old (age on race day)
Distance: 1.1 miles
Girls’ & Boys’ 6-10: 10:00 a.m.
Girls’ & Boys’ 11-12: 10:15 a.m.
Girls’ & Boys’ 13-14: 10:30 a.m.
Entry Fee: $5.00 (pre-event) or $10.00 (day of event)
Individual Awards: Winners of the 6 to 14-years-old, 11 & 12-year-old, and 13 & 14-year-old divisions will receive awards. Second and third-place finishers will receive medals.
Team Scoring: Scoring by club’s top three finishers by place in each race for each gender. Team must be a bona fide youth club or school.
- Scoring members of the first, second and third-place clubs (girls and boys) will receive medals
- Awards Presentation: 11:15 a.m.
- An area will be designated for participating clubs, schools and teams
- Please note the team area when you arrive at the course and as indicated on the course maps
- Course maps will be available at registration and in team packets
- Boston Park Rangers will monitor the placement of pop-up tents and signage