The B.A.A. 10K course is a scenic tour through Boston's Back Bay, passing notable neighborhoods and attractions including the campus of Boston University and Kenmore Square
- The race begins on Charles Street where runners will gather near Beacon Mall.
- From Charles Street, they will head south and turn right onto Boylston Street, right onto Arlington Street, left onto Commonwealth Avenue (westbound), underneath Massachusetts Avenue, right onto Charlesgate East, left onto Beacon Street, right onto Bay State Road.
- After runners enter the Boston University campus, they then make a left onto University Drive, and right onto Commonwealth Avenue (westbound).
- Just prior to the 5K mark, past Babcock Street, runners will turn around and return on Commonwealth Avenue (eastbound) and take a slight left onto Beacon Street at Kenmore Square.
- They then turn right onto Charlesgate West, left onto Commonwealth Avenue (eastbound), under Massachusetts Avenue, right onto Arlington Street, left onto Boylston Street and around the Public Garden to turn left onto Charles Street.