B.A.A. HALF MARATHON ROAD CLOSURES
- The 13.1-mile, rolling course is an out-and-back route that runs along the Emerald Necklace park system.
- With a start on Pierpont Road, the course proceeds out of Franklin Park, along Washington Street and Forest Hills Drive, and past both the Arnold Arboretum and Jamaica Pond as The Arborway becomes The Jamaicaway.
- The course then passes Willow Pond and Olmsted Park, before the turn-around point on The Riverway 4.75 miles into the race.
- On the return, runners hug the western side of the Emerald Necklace, with Leverett Pond and Jamaica Pond now on the left.
- The race re-enters Franklin Park and loops around animal enclosures in the Franklin Park Zoo, before finishing on the track in White Stadium.
- To view the course map, click below:
- Roads along the course and adjacent and abutting roads will be closed from approximately 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on the morning of October 7.
- We understand that these road closures may affect your morning, and we thank you for your cooperation.
- Please note that variable message boards, Boston Police, and race staff will be on hand to direct motorists to recommended detours.
- Below is a link to the community notice visual for the 2018 B.A.A. Half Marathon.
- This notice is being distributed throughout the community prior to the race.
- We ask that you please consider sharing or posting this notice in a visible location, in your place of worship or business in order to make members of the community aware of race day road closures.
The B.A.A. thanks the residents and business communities along the course for their support and cooperation.