John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club of Newton
The John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club of Newton is at the forefront of area youth development. With a membership of more than 700, more than one third of member households receive their $125 membership fee subsidized. Our outstanding staff, facility, deep relationship with the local community, and our uncompromising commitment to putting kids first put our Club in a unique position to meet the needs of young people ages 5-18. We transform and inspire the lives of Club members as they develop their own set of values, self-confidence, self-esteem, and respect for others in a fun and safe environment which also supports the communities in which they live. The mission of John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club in Newton is to enable all young people to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
The Club’s caring professional adult staff provides programming and activities that meet the unique interests/needs of area elementary, middle, and high school youth. Some of our more than 140 after-school programs for children and teens include:
- Individual and team sports, and other athletic activities
- Winter basketball league with instruction, coaching, and tournament play
- Computer coding, science, robotics, and animation with use of other media
- Outdoor adventures emphasizing teen leadership development and community service
- Arts such as dance, painting, crafts, fashion design, and theatrical productions and stage “improv,” and other forms of artistic expressions
- Russian School of Math, science, reading, and homework aid
Other programs include:
- “Curiosity Club,” our Massachusetts licensed after school K-grade 2 quality child care program which contributes to the children’s social, emotional, and cognitive growth of children in an environment that is safe and nurturing.
- A nine week summer day camp
- School vacation weeks available programs
Consider a visit to the John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club of Newton. Great futures start here