The 126th Boston Marathon will take place on Monday, April 18, 2022.
On race morning, participants may check their plastic finish area gear bag at a designated gear check area.
Learn more about the Allowable and Prohibited items list to make sure you are prepared for race day.
What To Do Over Boston Marathon Race Weekend
Pick up your bib number, stop by the adidas Boston Marathon shop, and engage with our official Boston Marathon Sponsors and Licensees at the Boston Marathon Expo.
Catch up on all the latest news with our official participant newsletters.
Official entrants in the Boston Marathon may register for the Team Competition.
Follow all the action of the Boston Marathon on our social media channels
- Admission to the Boston Marathon Expo
- Long sleeved tech shirt by adidas
- Bib number
- An official result from an electronically recorded official timing system
- Participant Gear Check bag
- Boston Marathon Official Program
- Complimentary transportation to the start
- Poland Spring Natural Spring Water and Gatorade Endurance Formula along the course
- Medical facilities along the course and at the finish area
- Athlete tracking
- A finisher’s medal upon finishing the marathon (to be considered an official finisher, you must cross the finish line on Boylston Street prior to finish mats being removed)
- Family meeting area
- Complimentary ticket for the Post-Race Party, presented by Samuel Adams
- Finisher’s certificate (for official finishers only, mailed during the summer)
- Results book (mailed in the months following the event)