The 2021 Boston Marathon has been postponed to the fall of 2021.
Join us at the Pre-Race Dinner, presented by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, and Post-Race Party, presented by Samuel Adams.
Learn more about the Allowable and Prohibited items list to make sure you are prepared for race day.
Buses from Boston will drop official entrants off at the Athletes' Village, a staging area before the race
Catch up on all the latest news with our official participant newsletters.
Keep up with all the latest news and updates on the Boston Marathon with the official B.A.A. Boston Marathon App.
Official entrants in the Boston Marathon may register for the Team Competition.
Follow all the action of the Boston Marathon on our social media channels
|Men's Wheelchair||9:02 a.m. ET|
|Women's Wheelchair||9:05 a.m. ET|
|Handcycles & Duos||9:30 a.m. ET|
|Elite Men||9:37 a.m. ET|
|Elite Women||9:45 a.m. ET|
|Para Athletics Divisions||9:50 a.m. ET|
|Wave One||10:00 a.m. ET|
|Wave Two||10:25 a.m. ET|
|Wave Three||10:50 a.m. ET|
|Wave Four||11:15 a.m. ET|
*Start times are subject to change.
ADDITIONAL ELITE FIELD INFORMATION
- Elite Start fields are open to athletes who have met the 2020 Olympic Trials Qualifying times (2:19:00 for men and 2:45:00 for women).
- The B.A.A. has discretion to add athletes to the Elite Men’s and Elite Women’s Start based on the athlete’s performances.
- Within the Elite Field starts, prize money will be allocated based on gun-time.
- To inquire about being part of the Elite Men’s or Elite Women’s Start, please email Wayne Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admission to the Boston Marathon Expo
- Long sleeved tech shirt by adidas
- Bib number
- An official result from an electronically recorded official timing system
- Participant Gear Check bag
- Boston Marathon Official Program
- Complimentary ticket for the Pre-Race Dinner, presented by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze
- Complimentary transportation to the start
- Access to the Athletes’ Village in Hopkinton, providing entertainment, light refreshments, Poland Spring Natural Spring Water, Gatorade Endurance Formula, ClifBar products, bagels, tenting, and portable toilets.
- Poland Spring Natural Spring Water, Gatorade Endurance Formula, and Clif Energy Gel along the course
- Medical facilities along the course and at the finish area
- Athlete tracking
- A finisher’s medal upon finishing the marathon (to be considered an official finisher, you must cross the finish line on Boylston Street prior to finish mats being removed)
- Baggage and dressing area (no showers)
- Family meeting area
- Admission to the official Awards Ceremony
- Complimentary ticket for the Post-Race Party, presented by Samuel Adams
- Finisher’s certificate (for official finishers only, mailed during the summer)
- Results book (mailed over the summer)