Skip to main content
BOSTON MARATHON COURSE INFORMATION
The legendary Boston Marathon course
- A point-to-point route from Hopkinton to Boston and is certified per the guidelines set forth by the IAAF and USA Track and Field.
- The historic course starts on Main Street in the rural New England town of Hopkinton and follows Route 135 through Ashland, Framingham, Natick, and Wellesley to where Route 16 joins Route 135.
- It continues on Route 16 through Newton Lower Falls to Commonwealth Avenue, turning right at the fire station onto Commonwealth which is Route 30.
- It continues on Commonwealth through the Newton Hills, bearing right at the reservoir onto Chestnut Hill Avenue to Cleveland Circle.
- The route then turns left onto Beacon Street, proceeding into Brookline, passing iconic Coolidge Corner.
- Reaching Kenmore Square with one mile to go, the route then follows Commonwealth Avenue inbound.
- The course turns right onto Hereford Street (NOTE: against normal traffic flow) then left onto Boylston Street, finishing near the John Hancock Tower in Copley Square.
- To see an elevation chart, click below:
ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION
||TIME OF CLOSURE
||7:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
||7:15 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
||8:30 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
||8:30 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
||8:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
||8:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
||9:00 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
||Variable - 6:30 p.m.