Nearly $50,000 in prize money available for top finishers
PRIZE MONEY AWARDS
- Awards ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m. on race day.
- $48,500 will be distributed to the top 10 runners overall, the top three in the masters division, and the top three in the push rim wheelchair division.
- Prize money awards are equal for men and women.
- Prize money distribution is based upon gun time results for overall, masters division and push rim wheelchair division.
- A review of the results will occur prior to the awards ceremony and prize money disbursements.
- Decisions of the race referee and jury of appeal are final and cannot be contested.
- Drug testing will be performed at the B.A.A. 10K. Please see below for full details.
- Non-monetary awards will be presented on net time.
|PLACE||OPEN PRIZE MONEY||MASTERS PRIZE MONEY*||PUSH RIM PRIZE MONEY|
*Masters division competitors are defined as 40 years old and older. Masters division runners are eligible for both overall prize money awards and masters division prize money awards. Handcycle participants are not eligible to receive prize money awards in the push rim wheelchair division.
2015 BONUS PRIZE MONEY
Bonuses for event record times established at B.A.A. Distance Medley events are as followed:
- $5,000 for the B.A.A. 5K
- $7,500 for the B.A.A. 10K
- $10,000 for the B.A.A. Half Marathon
BONUS INCENTIVES FOR TOP OVERALL FINISHES IN 2014 B.A.A. EVENTS*
- Win three of the four events $50,000
- Win two of the four events $20,000
- Place in the top two in three of the four events $10,000
- Place in the top three in three of the four events $5,000
* Includes finishes in the Boston Marathon. Only the single highest bonus will be awarded to a runner.
EVENT RECORD BONUSES
|B.A.A. 5K||B.A.A. 10K||B.A.A. HALF MARATHON||BOSTON MARATHON*|
*Boston Marathon event record bonuses will continue to be provided through John Hancock’s sponsorship of the Boston Marathon.
AGE GROUP AWARDS
The top three overall finishers and top three push rim wheelchair division finishers, along with the first, second, and third place finishers in the following age groups for both men and women will receive adidas gift certificates.
- 12-14 years old
- 15-19 years old
- 20-24 years old
- 25-29 years old
- 30-34 years old
- 35-39 years old
- 40-44 years old
- 45-49 years old
- 50-54 years old
- 55-59 years old
- 60-64 years old
- 65-69 years old
- 70-74 years old
- 75-79 years old
- 80 years old and older
The event will engage the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), in accordance with the International Standards of Doping Control, to test selected athletes who earn prize money. Athletes who participate in the 2015 B.A.A. 10K may be subject to drug testing in accordance with the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) Protocol for Olympic Movement Testing (USADA Protocol). USADA will be responsible for conducting comprehensive drug testing, as well as the adjudication of positive findings. Athletes with positive drug test results will have their cases adjudicated according to the USADA Protocol and will be penalized, if appropriate, according to applicable IAAF or World Anti-Doping Agency rules. Such penalties may include, but not be limited to, a period of ineligibility from competition, as well as disqualification from past competitions and cancellation of awards and prizes previously awarded. Any substance taken by an athlete is at his/her own risk and may results in a positive sample.
BEWARE: Some nutritional supplements, prescription, cold medicines and over-the-counter medications contain prohibited substances. For additional information regarding specific drugs and substances call the USADA Drug Reference Line at 1 (800) 233-0393, or visit www.usantidoping.org or www.888athlete.org.
All information above is subject to change at any time