Bib numbers, gear check, start procedure, and more.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 6:30 a.m. Event grounds and gear check opens
8:00 a.m. Race Start
- 9:00 a.m. Youth Races Begin (Youths ages 4 -14 years-old)
- 9:30 a.m. Awards Ceremony
- 10:00 a.m. Official Timing concludes
- 11:00 a.m. Finish area and facilities close
BIB NUMBER AND T-SHIRT DISTRIBUTION
- For U.S. residents, your race packet containing your bib number and participant brochure was mailed out in early June. Please allow time for this packet to arrive at the address you provided when registering.
- If you chose to pick up your bib number and participant t-shirt at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase, then you will pick up your bib-number at the times listed below. Please bring a government issued ID when picking up your bib.
- International residents have the option to pick up their bib number and participant t-shirt at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase (see times below), or on race day at Boston Common. For all participants, please check that your registration information is correctly imprinted upon your bib.
Whether you receive your bib number in the mail or you chose to pick-up your bib number at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase, please do not fold or forcefully bend your bib. The timing and scoring device will be affixed to the back of your bib and should not be damaged or removed from the bib. On race day, please wear your bib on the front of your torso on your outermost layer. Upon completing the race, you may claim your official t-shirt near the refreshments area. You may also pick up your t-shirt before the race.
BIB NUMBER AND T-SHIRT PICK-UP AT RUNBASE If you opted to pick up your bib number and participant t-shirt during race week at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase (855 Boylston Street, Boston, MA), then you may do so during the following times:
- Thursday, June 23, 12:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 24, 12:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 25, 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Only those who selected this pick-up option may claim their bib and participant t-shirt here.
International participants who do not pick-up at RunBase will be able to pick up their bib number and t-shirt on race day near the start line area. Please bring a government issued photo ID to pick up your bib.
- Entrants can check belongings near the start on Boston Common.
- Clear bags will be provided and belongings must be claimed following the race.
- Please use the gear check tag affixed to your bib number to identify your bag once the race has concluded.
- Please do not check valuables.
- The B.A.A. is not responsible for lost items.
GETTING TO BOSTON COMMON
On race day, there are three ways to get to the starting line:
- MBTA Stations
The closest MBTA stop to the Start and Finish location on Charles Street is the Park Street stop on the MBTA Green and Red Lines. Boylston and Arlington stations are also nearby stops on the Green Line. Chinatown is the closest Orange Line station. For a complete map and schedule - please visit http://mbta.com
- Nearby Parking
The B.A.A. recommends that B.A.A. 10K runners park at the Garage at 100 Clarendon in Boston's Back Bay. With race-day road closures in effect, this is the best location to park your vehicle on Sunday morning. On-street parking in the surrounding neighborhoods of Beacon Hill and Back Bay is available, but limited. We strongly advise those entrants who are driving to park in the 100 Clarendon Street Garage, or other area parking garages.
- Garage at 100 Clarendon, Boston, MA 02116
- Millennium Place Garage at Ritz Carlton, 6 Avery Street, Boston, MA 02111
- Standard Parking, 290 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116
- Central Parking System, 10 St. James Avenue, Boston, MA 02116
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up Information
Please note that Charles Street will close at 5:00 a.m. and drop-off access near the start line will be blocked. If you plan on being dropped off on race morning, please plan to do so on Beacon, Boylston, Tremont, or other nearby streets.
In order to ease course congestion, a multiple-pulsed start program will be implemented. Runners will be seeded according to their estimated pace per mile time. Signs will be positioned on Beacon Mall to indicate your self-seeded start position. The timing and scoring system will begin recording your time once you cross the starting line. Your net time will be your official time.
All information above is subject to change