Bib numbers, gear check, start procedure, and more.
BIB NUMBER & T-SHIRT DISTRIBUTION
Officialy registered participants were given the option to either have their bib numbered mailed to their address, or they can pick up their bib number and t-shirt at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase. If you selected to have your bib number mailed, you should receive your runner packet beginning as early as June 3. In this packet will be your official bib number and participant guide. You will pick up your particpant t-shirt on race day. Upon completing the race, you may claim your official t-shirt near the refreshments area. You may also pick up your t-shirt before the race, and check it at gear check. More information below:
- Please do not fold or forcefully bend your bib.
- The timing and scoring device is affixed to the back of your bib and should not be damaged or removed from the bib.
- Please wear your bib on the front of your torso on your outermost layer.
- If any inaccuracies appear on the bib number or if your bib number appears damaged, please call the B.A.A. Registration Office at (508) 435-6905 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opted to pick-up your bib number and participant t-shirt during race week at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase (855 Boylston Street, Boston, MA) then you may do so during the following times:
- Thursday, June 23, 12:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 24, 12:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 25, 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Only those who selected this pick-up option may claim their bib and participant t-shirt here. All ofther athletes residing outside the United States will pick-up their bib on Boston Common on race day.
GETTING TO BOSTON COMMON ON RACE DAY
On race day, there are three ways to get to the starting line:
- MBTA Stations
- Nearby parking
- Drop-off and Pick-up Area
The closest MBTA stop to the Start and Finish location on Charles Street is the Park Street stop on the MBTA Green and Red Lines. Boylston and Arlington stations are also nearby stops on the Green Line. Chinatown is the closest Orange Line station. For a complete map and schedule – please visit http://mbta.com/
The B.A.A. recommends that B.A.A. 10K runners park at the Garage at 100 Clarendon in Boston’s Back Bay. With race-day road closures in effect, this is the best location to park your vehicle on Sunday morning. On-street parking in the surrounding neighborhoods of Beacon Hill and Back Bay is available, but limited. We strongly advise those entrants who are driving to park in the 100 Clarendon Street Garage, or other area parking garages. More information below:
- Garage at 100 Clarendon, Boston, MA 02116
- Millennium Place Garage at Ritz Carlton, 6 Avery Street, Boston, MA 02111
- Standard Parking, 290 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116
- Central Parking System, 10 St. James Avenue, Boston, MA 02116
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP INFORMATION
Please note that Charles Street will close at 5:00 a.m. and drop-off access near the start line will be blocked. If you plan on being dropped off on race morning, please plan to do so on Beacon, Boylston, Tremont, or other nearby streets.
Entrants can check belongings near the start on Boston Common. Clear bags will be provided and belongings must be claimed following the race. Please use the gear check tag affixed to your bib number to identify your bag once the race has concluded. You must use a plastic bag provided on-site by the B.A.A. to check your belongings. Please do not check valuables. The B.A.A. is not responsible for lost items.
In order to ease course congestion, a multiple-pulsed start program will be implemented. Runners will be seeded according to their estimated pace per mile time. Signs will be positioned on Beacon Mall to indicate your self-seeded start position. The timing and scoring system will begin recording your time once you cross the starting line. Your net time will be your official time.
All information above is subject to change