Hand-Cycle Program Registration for United States Disabled Veterans
As of Thursday, December 15, Hand-Cycle registration is full. We will no longer be accepting entries for the hand-cycle program for the 2017 Boston Marathon.
After applying, here are the next steps:
- Applicants will receive an e-mail from the B.A.A. confirming that their application has been received. This is not a confirmation of acceptance into the race.
- The B.A.A. will verify the qualifying performance and US disabled veteran status. Invalid applications will not be considered.
- After registration closes on December 15, applicants will be randomly selected until the maximum field size limit of 30 athletes is reached.
- After the random-selection process, all applicants will be notified.
- If the field size limit is not reached on December 15, applications will be accepted on a first-come, first served basis until the limit is reached, or February 1, 2017.
- Wheelchair Division, mobility impaired, and visually impaired registration remains open
- Field size maximums have been established as follows:
- Wheelchair Division: 70
- Visually Impaired Division: 70
- Mobility Impaired Program: 50
- Duo Teams: 6
- Hand-cycles: 30
- Only athletes with disabilities may participate in hand-cycles at the Boston Marathon.
- The hand-cycle field includes six (6) randomly chosen non-veteran applicants, a limited number of participating survivors from the Boston bombing community, and disabled veterans.
- As of November 15, a total of ten non-veteran athletes are already registered for the 2017 Boston Marathon hand-cycle program, leaving 20 remaining placements for disabled veterans.
All of the above information is subject to change at any time