Over $55,000 up for grabs in the B.A.A. Half Marathon
PRIZE MONEY AWARDS
- $55,800 will be distributed to the top 10 runners overall, the top three in the masters division, and the top three in the push rim wheelchair division.
- Prize money awards are equal for men and women.
- Prize money distribution is based upon gun time results for overall, masters division and push rim wheelchair division.
- A review of the results will occur prior to the awards ceremony and prize money disbursements.
- Decisions of the race referee and jury of appeal are final and cannot be contested.
- The awards ceremony will begin at 10:30 a.m. at Boston’s Franklin Park. Award winners are requested to be present to receive their awards.
- Drug testing will be performed at the B.A.A. Half Marathon. Please see below for full details.
|PLACE||OPEN PRIZE MONEY||MASTERS PRIZE MONEY||PUSH RIM PRIZE MONEY|
- Masters division competitors are defined as 40 years old and older.
- Masters division runners are eligible for both overall prize money awards and masters division prize money awards.
2014 BONUS PRIZE MONEY
New for 2014 , bonuses for event record times established at B.A.A. Distance Medley events will be $5,000 for the B.A.A. 5K, $7,500 for the B.A.A. 10K, and $10,000 for the B.A.A. Half Marathon. Boston Marathon event record bonuses will continue to be provided through John Hancock’s sponsorship of the Boston Marathon. In addition, a runner who wins three of those four events in 2014 will be awarded $50,000. Only the single highest bonus will be awarded to a runner.
BONUS INCENTIVES FOR TOP OVERALL FINISHES IN 2014 B.A.A. EVENTS*
- Win three of the four events $50,000
- Win two of the four events $20,000
- Place in the top two in three of the four events $10,000
- Place in the top three in three of the four events $5,000
* Includes finishes in the Boston Marathon.
EVENT RECORD BONUSES
||B.A.A. Half Marathon
||Boston Marathon |
AGE GROUP AWARDS
The awards ceremony will present awards to the top 5 overall male and female finishers and the top male and female wheelchair finisher.
Age group award winners (scored by net time) will have an adidas gift card mailed to them following the race and after results have been verified. Awards will be given to the first, second and third place finishers in the following age-groups for both men and women:
- 14-19 years old
- 20-24 years old
- 25-29 years old
- 30-34 years old
- 35-39 years old
- 40-44 years old
- 45-49 years old
- 50-54 years old
- 55-59 years old
- 60-64 years old
- 65-69 years old
- 70-74 years old
- 75-79 years old
- 80 years old and older
The event will engage the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), in accordance with the International Standards of Doping Control, to test selected athletes who earn prize money. Athletes who participate in the 2014 B.A.A. Half Marathon may be subject to drug testing in accordance with the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) Protocol for Olympic Movement Testing (USADA Protocol). USADA will be responsible for conducting comprehensive drug testing, as well as the adjudication of positive findings. Athletes with positive drug test results will have their cases adjudicated according to the USADA Protocol and will be penalized, if appropriate, according to applicable IAAF or World Anti Doping Agency rules. Such penalties may include, but not be limited to, a period of ineligibility from competition, as well as disqualification from past competitions and cancellation of awards and prizes previously awarded. Any substance taken by an athlete is at his/her own risk and may results in a positive sample. BEWARE: some nutritional supplements, prescription, cold medicines and over-the-counter medications contain prohibited substances. Information regarding specific drugs and substances may be obtained by calling the USADA Drug Reference Line at 1-800-233-0393, or by visiting www.usantidoping.org or www.888athlete.org.
All the information above is subject to change