|The Martin W. Richard Charitable Foundation Inc. was formed by the parents of eight-year-old Martin Richard, who was killed during the April 15, 2013 bombings near the finish of the Boston Marathon. |
In the days after the bombing, a photo of Martin holding a handmade poster that read “No more hurting people. Peace” went global and made many see Martin as a symbol of peace. Martin loved learning, sports and the world around him. He participated in the BAA Children’s Relay on Marathon weekend for three consecutive years, was a school "peacemaker," and recognized at a young age that while we are all different, we are all the same. The way Martin saw the world, anything was possible.
His parents, Bill and Denise determined it was fitting that the foundation should honor Martin’s message of peace by investing in education, athletics and community.
The mission of Martin’s foundation is simple: The Martin W. Richard Charitable Foundation honors Martin's message of "No more hurting people. Peace" by investing in education, athletics and community.
- Registered Qualified and Charity Runners are welcome to apply. Applications will be accepted until all spots are filled.
- All charity runners will receive an official entry into the 2017 Boston Marathon.
- This program is managed by CharityTeams.com which provides runners with the guidance and encouragement to successfully meet the goals of both running and fundraising.
- Full and personalized 20 week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches.
- Private bus to the start.
- A positive team experience and memorable journey of running the 2017 Boston Marathon.