The 121st Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 17, 2017. Patriots' Day in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
||8:50 a.m. ET|
|Men's Push-Rim Wheelchair
||9:17 a.m. ET|
|Women's Push-Rim Wheelchair
||9:19 a.m. ET|
|Handcycles & Duos
||9:22 a.m. ET|
||9:32 a.m. ET|
|Elite Men & Wave One
||10:00 a.m. ET|
||10:25 a.m. ET|
||10:50 a.m. ET|
||11:15 a.m. ET|
|2017 Boston Marathon Field Size
* Only women (open or masters) starting the race in the elite women's start at 9:32 a.m. are eligible for prize money.
All official entrants receive:
- Admission to the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo.
- Long sleeved t-shirt.
- Bib number.
- An official result from an electronically recorded official timing system.
- Runner’s gear check.
- Boston Marathon Official Program.
- Complimentary ticket for the Pre-Race Pasta Dinner.
- Complimentary transportation to the start.
- Access to the Athletes’ Village in Hopkinton, providing entertainment, light refreshments, Poland Spring water, Gatorade Endurance Formula, ClifBar products, bagels, tenting, and portable toilets.
- Poland Spring water and Gatorade Endurance Formula along the course.
- First aid / medical facilities along the course and at the finish area.
- Athlete tracking.
- A finisher’s medal upon finishing the marathon before approximately 5:45 p.m. ET.
- Access to family meeting area.
- Admission to the Awards Ceremony.
- Complimentary ticket for the Post-Race Party.
- Results postcard providing all 5km split information, official and net times.
- Finishers' certificate (mailed during the summer).
- Racers' Results Book (mailed over the summer).
All the information above is subject to change at any time