The 120th Boston Marathon was held on Monday, April 18, 2016. Patriots' Day in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
||8:50 a.m. ET|
|Men's Push-Rim Wheelchair
||9:17 a.m. ET|
|Women's Push-Rim Wheelchair
||9:19 a.m. ET|
|Handcycles & Duos
||9:22 a.m. ET|
||9:32 a.m. ET|
|Elite Men & Wave One
||10:00 a.m. ET|
||10:25 a.m. ET|
||10:50 a.m. ET|
||11:15 a.m. ET|
* Only women (open or masters) starting the race in the elite women's start at 9:32 a.m. are eligible for prize money.
To qualify for the Boston Marathon, athletes must meet time standards which correspond to age and gender. The qualifying standards for the 2017 Boston Marathon remain unchanged from recent years.
To see qualifying standards, click the button below:
All official entrants receive:
- Admission to the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo.
- Long sleeved t-shirt.
- Bib number.
- An official result from an electronically recorded official timing system.
- Runner’s gear check.
- Boston Marathon Official Program.
- Complimentary ticket for the Pre-Race Pasta Dinner.
- Complimentary transportation to the start.
- Access to the Athletes’ Village in Hopkinton, providing entertainment, light refreshments, Poland Spring water, Gatorade Endurance Formula, ClifBar products, bagels, tenting, and portable toilets.
- Poland Spring water and Gatorade Endurance Formula along the course.
- First aid / medical facilities along the course and at the finish area.
- Athlete tracking.
- A finisher’s medal upon finishing the marathon before approximately 5:45 p.m. ET.
- Access to family meeting area.
- Admission to the Awards Ceremony.
- Complimentary ticket for the Post-Race Party.
- Results postcard providing all 5km split information, official and net times.
- Finishers' certificate (mailed during the summer).
- Racers' Results Book (mailed over the summer).
All the information above is subject to change at any time