Race Weekend Resources
Race Day Schedule
|Military March||6:00 a.m. ET|
|Men's Wheelchair||9:02 a.m. ET|
|Women's Wheelchair||9:05 a.m. ET|
|Handcycles & Duos||9:30 a.m. ET|
|Professional Men||9:37 a.m. ET|
|Professional Women||9:45 a.m. ET|
|Para Athletics Division||9:50 a.m. ET|
|Wave 1||10:00 a.m. ET|
|Wave 2||10:25 a.m. ET|
|Wave 3||10:50 a.m. ET|
|Wave 4||11:15 a.m. ET|
*Start Times are subject to change
MBTA/Train and Commuter Rail Map
*Please note that the the Hynes Convention T- Station is NOT ADA accessible. The best T- Stations for ADA assistance is either the Prudential Center Stop Green Line, or The Copley Square Stop Green Line.
Boston Marathon Race Information Centers
Boston Marathon Race Information Centers can be found at the Boston Marathon Expo, Boston Marathon Fan Fest presented by Amazon in Copley Square, and within the Family Meeting Area on race day.
B.A.A. Racing App
Download the B.A.A. Racing App, presented by TCS.
Keep up the pace with the B.A.A. Racing App. The free B.A.A. Racing App is your source for participant tracking, live leaderboards, results, race information, course map, photobooths, and more! Within the app you can receive alerts as your favorite participants reach checkpoints from Hopkinton to Boston. Download the free B.A.A. Racing App presented by TCS today in your mobile app store.
Family Meeting Area
The Family Meeting Area is located on Stuart Street between Berkeley Street and Clarendon Street. Family, friends, and athletes are urged to make plans prior to race day on where to reunite post-race.
Race Day Bus Schedule
The recommended way to get to the start in Hopkinton on race morning is by using the official B.A.A. buses beginning at 7:15 a.m. Bus loading will take place on Charles Street between the Public Garden and Boston Common. In order to load all the buses efficiently, avoid delays, and get to the start on time, we strongly recommend the following bus loading schedule.
Bus Loading Instructions:
- In order to load all the buses efficiently, avoid delays, and get to the start on time, we strongly recommend you load the buses at your designated time.
- Transportation to the start is for official participants only.
- We are not able to provide transportation to the start from Boston for family and friends.
- Each participant must show his/her bib number and wristband prior to boarding the buses.
- Athletes registered in a Para Athletes Division or Program should refer to Para Athletes Race Weekend for information related to accessible transportation to the start.
- Participants who wish to check gear on race morning must do so PRIOR to boarding the buses in Boston.
- For more information on Gear Check, click below:
Return Bus Service to Hopkinton:
- Beginning at 1:00 p.m. on race day, return bus service to Hopkinton will commence.
- Buses will line up on Columbus Ave between Clarendon Street and Cahners Place.
- Return bus service is for official entrants only. You must show your bib to board buses to Hopkinton.
- Buses will go to the South Street parking lot (52 South Street, Hopkinton, MA).
- Return bus service to Hopkinton will conclude at 7:00 p.m. on race day.
RACE WEEK Parking in Boston:
- On-street parking in Boston's Back Bay is extremely limited during race week.
- There are a number of parking garages in the area:
|Garage at 100 Clarendon||Please note, the garage is inaccessible during marathon hours on race day.|
|Prudential Center Parking (Huntington Avenue)|
|Copley Place Parking (2 Copley Place)|
|Boston Common Garage (Charles Street)||The entrance to the Boston Common Garage will close at approximately 2:00 a.m. on race day and will not re-open until 11:00 a.m. on race morning.|
- Public transportation is strongly encouraged.
RACE DAY Parking in Boston:
Due to road closures and traffic congestion, spectators will not be able to park near the finish area.
Boston Marathon Fan Fest
From Friday through Sunday, Copley Square Park will be full of fun activities, live music, professional athlete panels, photo-ops, and more as part of Boston Marathon Fan Fest presented by Amazon. Only a block beyond the finish line, Fan Fest is the perfect place for participants and families to soak in the race-week atmosphere. Fan Fest hours are listed below:
- Friday, April 15: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 16: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 17: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.