Registration for the 2017 Boston Marathon is expected to open in September of 2016. Exact dates will be announced later this summer.
ABOUT THE 2017 BOSTON MARATHON
The 121st Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 17, 2017, Patriots’ Day in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and for the 32nd consecutive year the event will be sponsored by John Hancock Financial. Registration will be held entirely online at www.baa.org. The qualification window for the 2017 Boston Marathon began on Saturday, September 19, 2015, and will remain open until the conclusion of registration for the 2017 Boston Marathon. To qualify for the Boston Marathon, athletes must meet standards which corresponded to age and gender. To learn more about the qualfying standards, click the button below:
A FEW IMPORTANT NOTES
- Athletes may not compete in a manner which, in the exclusive judgment of race officials, interferes with race operations or other participants.
- Athletes must be able to compete the entire 26.2 mile course within six hours (net time).
- Non-qualified participants (those who receive an invitational waiver) will be assigned bib numbers based on the date their application is received and will start the race immediately behind the qualified field.
- No one who is assigned a bib (either through the qualification process or by invitational entry) may give it to another individual, and those who do will be prohibited from entering any future B.A.A. race.
- Race applications and accepted entries may not be transferred, sold, used for auction, or distributed in any manner. The B.A.A. does monitor websites commonly used for selling race entries and bib numbers.
- If an athlete is unable to participate on April 17, 2017, the athlete will not be eligible for a deferment or refund, and may not transfer their bib to another participant.
All of the above information is subject to change