2014 BOSTON MARATHON REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
The Boston Athletic Association appreciates your interest in running the 2014 Boston Marathon; however registration for qualified runners has now closed.
To see common question and answers to 2014 Boston Marathon registration news, as well as a video with B.A.A. Executive Director, Tom Grilk, click the button below:
The registration process for the 2014 Boston Marathon began on September 9, and the maximum number of athletes who ran a qualifying performance and submitted their application for entry has now been reached.
The Boston Marathon does not have a waiting list, late registration on race weekend, or race day registration.
The names of all official entrants that have been verified and accepted are posted on the "Entrants" list of the B.A.A. web site.
For those who have submitted an application for entry during Week One of registration (September 9 through September 14, 2013) but who do not yet see their name posted, please be aware that it may take several days or longer to verify qualifying performances and depending on a number of factors. The B.A.A. asks for your cooperation and patience during this verification process. Please do not contact the B.A.A. during this period unless requested to do so by the Registration office
Runners who submitted their entry during Week Two of registration (September 16 through September 20, 2013) will be ranked based on their qualifying performance. The B.A.A. is in the process of verifying qualifying times. Notification will be sent to all runners who submitted an application on Wednesday, September 25, 2013, indicating acceptance or non-acceptance.
The 119th Boston Marathon will be run on Monday, April 20, 2015. The qualifying window for the 2015 Boston Marathon began on September 14, 2013. This was the first day that a qualifying performance may be used for the purpose of qualifying for the 2015 race. Age on April 20, 2015 determines your qualifying time. Age group on the day of the qualifying race may differ. The registration dates for the 2015 Boston Marathon are TBD and will be announced on the B.A.A.'s web site.
The Boston Athletic Association thanks you for your cooperation and wishes you the best of luck with the pursuit of your athletic goals.
Registration will be held entirely online at www.baa.org. The qualification window for the 2014 Boston Marathon began last year on September 22, 2012.
In addition, in cooperation with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the eight cities and towns along the Boston Marathon route, the B.A.A. has set the field size for the 2014 Boston Marathon at 36,000 official entrants. The 118th Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 21, 2014 and will mark the 29th consecutive year that the event will have John Hancock Financial Services as its principal sponsor.
Registration will occur on a “rolling admission” schedule, beginning with the fastest qualifiers. On Monday, September 9, eligible runners who have met the qualifying standard for their age and gender by 20 minutes or more may register. On Wednesday, September 11 at 10:00 a.m. ET, if space remains, registration will open for those who have met their qualifying standard by 10 minutes or more. If space remains, registration will open on Friday, September 13 at 10:00 a.m. ET for those who have met their qualifying standard by five minutes or more. Registration will close on Saturday, September 14 at 10:00 p.m. ET.
BOSTON MARATHON REGISTRATION DATES
- Monday, September 9, 10:00 a.m. ET - Qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by 20 minutes, 00 seconds or faster.
- Wednesday, September 11, 10:00 a.m. ET - Qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by 10 minutes, 00 seconds or faster (if space remains).
- Friday, September 13, 10:00 a.m. ET - Qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by 5 minutes, 00 seconds or faster (if space remains).
- Monday, September 16, 10:00 a.m. ET - All qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard (if space remains).
- Friday, September 20 - Registration closes at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Registration will remain open until the maximum field size is reached.
A FEW IMPORTANT NOTES
- The 2014 Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 21, 2014.
- The registration fee for the 2014 Boston Marathon for qualifiers is $175 USD for United States residents and $225 USD for international residents.
- The qualifying standards for the 2014 Boston Marathon, shown below, are the same as the qualifying standards for the 2013 Boston Marathon.
- There is no 59 second “cushion” allowed for qualifying times for the 2014 Boston Marathon.
- The B.A.A. will make an announcement if the field size limit is reached prior to the conclusion of the registration period.
- Though the B.A.A. will email registrants upon the completion of their form, runners are not officially entered into the race until their qualifying time is verified. This length of time may vary and can be as long as several days, depending on the qualifying marathon.
- The qualification window for the 2014 Boston Marathon began on Saturday, September 22, 2012 and will remain open until the conclusion of registration.
- The qualification window for the 2015 Boston Marathon will begin on Saturday, September 14, 2013.
- Registration dates for the 2015 Boston Marathon have not yet been announced.
- The qualifying standards for the 2015 Boston Marathon, shown below, are the same as the qualifying standards for the 2013 and 2014 Boston Marathon.
- The 2015 Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 20, 2015.
2014 BOSTON MARATHON QUALIFYING STANDARDS (effective September 22, 2012)
All standards below are based on official submitted net/chip time.
An additional 59 seconds will NOT be accepted for each age group time standard. That is, there is no cushion or flexibility with the minimum qualifying time for purposes of qualification eligibility.
||3hrs 05min 00sec
||3hrs 35min 00sec|
||3hrs 10min 00sec
||3hrs 40min 00sec|
||3hrs 15min 00sec
||3hrs 45min 00sec|
||3hrs 25min 00sec
||3hrs 55min 00sec|
||3hrs 30min 00sec
||4hrs 00min 00sec|
||3hrs 40min 00sec
||4hrs 10min 00sec|
||3hrs 55min 00sec
||4hrs 25min 00sec|
||4hrs 10min 00sec
||4hrs 40min 00sec|
||4hrs 25min 00sec
||4hrs 55min 00sec|
||4hrs 40min 00sec
||5hrs 10min 00sec|
|80 and over
||4hrs 55min 00sec
||5hrs 25min 00sec|
All race applicants must adhere to the guidelines set forth by the B.A.A., USA Track and Field or foreign equivalent, International Paralympic Committee, Wheelchair Sports, USA, Disabled Sports, USA, and the United States Association for Blind Athletes. Qualifying times are met in certified marathons observing these same rules. Proof of qualification must accompany each athlete's application, and participants are required to be 18 years or older on race day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For many answers to your questions about qualifying, registration, or other event information, please click the button below:
For information about volunteering at the 2014 Boston Marathon, click the button below: