Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
PLEASE NOTE THAT BOSTON HEALTHCARE FOR THE HOMELESS PROGRAM IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THEIR 128TH BOSTON MARATHON TEAM.
Founded in 1985, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) has been a pioneer in breaking down the barriers to equitable and dignified health care that drive striking health disparities and preventable human suffering for people experiencing homelessness.
Delivering health care and supportive services at over 30 locations across greater Boston, BHCHP’s multidisciplinary health care teams engage homeless individuals and families in places that are accessible to them: within shelters, on park benches, along back alleys, and countless other unconventional locations.
Partnering with virtually every program and shelter in Boston that serves individuals and families experiencing homelessness, we provide medical care, behavioral health care, youth and family services, dental care, 124 beds of round-the-clock respite care, and case management to over 10,000 patients (adults and children) every year.
Join us in our mission! All proceeds from BHCHP’s 2024 Marathon Team will supporting the innovative and compassionate care that our health care teams provide to people enduring the hardships and trauma of homelessness. As part of Team BHCHP, runners receive:
- A guaranteed race number for the 2024 Boston Marathon® on April 15, 2024,
- An opportunity to tour BHCHP’s main multi-service facility in Boston’s South End and learn about our patients and the care we provide,
- A packet of fundraising tips and strategies and support to ensure success in personal fundraising efforts,
- A Team BHCHP race day singlet,
- A membership to an area running club or marathon training program that offers planned group runs and/or enrollment in a local group training program for charity runners,
- Motivational and team-building events, including a team orientation and team volunteer opportunities, and
- A personal on-line fundraising page to track progress and receive sponsorships.