The Alzheimer's Association
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALZHEIMER'S ASSOCIATION IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THEIR 128TH BOSTON MARATHON TEAM.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our Vision: A world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia®. Our Mission: To lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia — by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
- Care and Support: We work on a national and local level to provide care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer's and other dementias.
- Research: As the largest nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research, the Association is committed to advancing vital research toward methods of treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure.
- Advocacy: The Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's disease advocacy, fighting for critical Alzheimer’s research and care initiatives at the state and federal level.
- 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900): Our free nationwide helpline is staffed by master’s-level clinicians and specialists, providing confidential support and information to all those affected, around-the-clock, in over 200 languages.
Team End ALZ is the official running program of the Alzheimer’s Association Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter. This program was created for athletes of all abilities to successfully achieve their goal of completing an endurance event while raising funds to support the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Since the program began in 2006, over $8.5 Million dollars has been raised to help #ENDALZ. We invite you to join the fight and run in honor of a loved one affected by Alzheimer’s or dementia.
In addition to experiencing the unique camaraderie of being connected with the Alzheimer’s community, all Team End ALZ Members Receive:
- Team End ALZ running singlet
- Personal fundraising website and fundraising coach
- Professional certified running coach, John Furey
- Personalized training program and weekly training tips
- Weekly team runs on Saturdays
- Team Kick-Off & Fundraising Clinic
- Team End ALZ Banquet on race weekend
- Pre-Race light breakfast and bag drop
- Private bus transportation to Hopkinton starting line
- Post-Race celebration at hotel near finish line with refreshments, showers, family meeting point and pictures
- Team End ALZ gear and more!
The first survivor of Alzheimer's is out there, and Team End ALZ is bringing us closer to finding them one mile at a time.
Officially qualified participants who are already entered in the 128th Boston Marathon that wish to raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Association are welcome to join Team End ALZ by using the learn more button below.