A pioneer in the local afterschool scene, Boston Scores was founded in 1999 to foster an environment for physically healthy and emotionally strong youth who have the inclination to speak up and act out against injustice.
Boston Scores empowers urban youth in building essential life skills and character through soccer and team-based enrichment programs. Our programs typically empower 1,200 - 1,500 youth annually through 100% free, on-campus after-school and summer programming that combines three distinct modalities into a blended whole: poetry, soccer, and service-learning. Mind, body, and soul.
Join the Scores' Boston Marathon® Team and provide Boston students with the opportunity to join their first team, play in their first game, and become leaders in their communities!
Your generosity provides the tools students need to grow up and become thriving adults: activists, mentors, leaders, and agents of change.
Charity runners in need of a bib as well as registered qualified with their own bib are welcome to apply to Team Boston Scores. Applications will be accepted until all spots are filled.
Runners will receive the following:
- Official entry into the 127th Boston Marathon®.
- Full and personalized 20-week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches with organized group runs throughout the season starting in December.
- A personalized online fundraising page
- Helpful resources such as email templates, sponsorship materials, and social media tools
- Incredible fundraising and training support through CharityTeams.com
- Access to weekly group runs in Boston.
- A private bus to the starting line.
- Pre-race and post-race events.
- Branded team swag
Officially qualified participants who are already entered in the 127th Boston Marathon that wish to raise funds for Boston Scores may still do so using the learn more button below.