Fisher House Boston
PLEASE NOTE THAT FISHER HOUSE BOSTON IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THEIR 128TH BOSTON MARATHON TEAM.
Fisher House Boston [FHB] eases the burden on military members (active, veteran, and retired) and their families during illness or injury by providing a home away from home; where families can stay comfortably at no cost to them while a loved one is receiving treatment inpatient, or 4+ days a week, at any Boston-area medical center.
We partner with numerous hotels in Boston, at least one hotel located within walking distance to each hospital. Our families are placed in these hotels for as long as they need, so long as their loved one is inpatient or having treatment at the hospital numerous times a week. In addition to our hotel partners, we also have three apartments for families that are expected to be with us long term, greater than one month. Throughout their stay, we are in contact with each patient’s case management team frequently to maintain continuous verification of eligibility, needs, and to best facilitate discharge home once ready. Boston is the greatest medical city in the world an we are proud to provide support and increase access to this top tier healthcare for military families that seek care here!
Charity runners in need of a bib as well as registered qualified runners with their own bib are welcome to apply to our team.
You will receive an official entry into the 2024 Boston Marathon.
- Full and personalized 20-week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches with organized group runs throughout the season starting in December.
- Runners will receive professional fundraising and training support through CharityTeams.com
- Organized point to point long runs on the course with aid station support.
- VIP bus to the start.
- Team marathon gear.
- Boundless team spirit, excellent organization, and runner support.
- A fun and positive life changing experience of running the 2024 Boston Marathon with the Fisher House of Boston
Officially qualified participants who are already entered in the 128th Boston Marathon that wish to raise funds for the Fisher House of Boston may still do so by visiting our website.