Journey Forward is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to bettering the lives of those with spinal cord injuries or disability. We provide an intense, exercise-based program working to achieve some of the most basic lifelong functions and benefits for our clients. Exercise is important to everyone and even more so for those living with paralysis.
We work with paralyzed clients of all levels and abilities providing a very active and full body approach to recovery. This is what separates Journey Forward from many other adaptive gyms. Most other facilities, centered on working with individuals with disabilities, tend to focus only on the clients’ current abilities and don’t work with the affected areas to improve motor function overall.
At Journey Forward we focus on the clients’ weaknesses and work on coordinating the entire body in a very functional and complete style. Our clients will work on many different activities including gait training, load bearing, and full body neural stimulation. Working with individuals with Spinal Cord Injuries in this aggressive and functional manner has shown many benefits. We’re able to focus on client goals that can range from regaining lost function to simply receiving the normal benefits of exercise.
- Charity runners in need of a bib as well as registered qualified runners with their own bib are welcome to apply to our team.
- Entry into the 2024 Bank of America Boston Marathon.
- Full and personalized 20-week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches with organized group runs throughout the season starting in December.
- Runners will receive professional fundraising and training support through CharityTeams.com
- Organized point to point long runs on the course with aid station support.
- VIP bus to the start.
- Team marathon gear.
- Boundless team spirit, team organization and runner support.
- A fun and positive life changing experience of running the 2024 Boston Marathon with Journey Forward.
Officially qualified participants who are already entered in the 128th Boston Marathon that wish to raise funds for Journey Forward may still do so by visiting our website.