South Boston Neighborhood House
One of Boston’s original historic settlement houses, the South Boston Neighborhood House (SBNH) was founded in 1901 with a mission ‘to support family and neighborhood life in South Boston’. Affectionately known as “The Ollie” after founder, Olivia James, we are South Boston’s oldest continually operating human service agency and the community’s only independent multi-service provider. SBNH has always been known for the deep ties and connections among participants and families that have endured for generations, and the historic welcome and investment in South Boston’s newest residents that continues to this day.
For over a century, SBNH has honored its mission and its settlement house roots, designing participant-driven programs that respond to evolving needs. Our five program and service areas, Early Education & UPK Preschool, School Age, Youth Education & Career Development, Club 55 Senior Program, and Family Engagement are designed to work together to strengthen the fabric of family and community life through education and opportunity. “The Ollie’s” programs reach over 2000 people, from infants to older adults, each year.
Charity runners in need of a bib as well as registered qualified runners with their own bib are welcome to apply to our Team Ollie!
- Runners will receive professional fundraising and training support through Charity Teams.
- Full and personalized 20-week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches with organized group runs throughout the season starting in December.
- Organized point to point long runs on the course with aid station support.
- VIP bus to the start.
- Team marathon gear.
- Boundless team spirit, excellent organization, and runner support.
- A fun and positive life changing experience of running the 2024 Boston Marathon with the
South Boston Neighborhood House Team Ollie!