Two new organizations join for the 122nd Boston Marathon
BOSTON – The Boston Athletic Association has announced the 34 organizations selected for the B.A.A.’s Official Charity Program for the 2018 Boston Marathon. Two new organizations have joined the B.A.A.’s program for the 122nd Boston Marathon, to be run on Monday, April 16, 2018.
Entering its 30th year, the B.A.A.’s Official Charity Program enables select charitable organizations to raise millions of dollars for worthwhile causes surrounding the annual April race. In 2017, the program surpassed the $211.4 million mark in total funds raised since its inception in 1989. A total of $17.96 million was raised through the 2017 Boston Marathon Official Charity Program, with an average of more than $10,000 raised per entry. Combined with the John Hancock Non-Profit Program and fundraising by other qualified and invitational participants, $34.2 million was raised in 2017.
The two new organizations to join the B.A.A.’s Official Charity Program for the 2018 Boston Marathon are Good Sports, Inc. and the Semper Fi Fund. Thirty-two organizations return as part of the Boston Marathon Official Charity Program. These organizations include:
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- American Liver Foundation, N.E. Division
- American Red Cross of Massachusetts
- American Stroke Association - Tedy’s Team
- Back on My Feet Boston
- Boston Bruins Foundation
- Boston Celtics Shamrock Foundation
- Boston Children's Hospital
- Camp Shriver at UMass Boston
- Cops for Kids with Cancer
- CYCLE Kids, Inc.
- Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism
- Dream Big!
- Girls on the Run Greater Boston
- Hale Reservation
- IMPACT Melanoma
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Massachusetts Chapter
- Martin Richard Foundation - Team MR8
- Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- MetroWest YMCA
- Michael Lisnow Respite Center
- Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater New England Chapter
- New England Patriots Charitable Foundation
- Red Sox Foundation
- Roxbury Community College Foundation
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Tenacity, Inc.
- Trinity Boston Foundation
- Tufts Medical Center