OFFICIAL CHARITY PROGRAM
At the Boston Athletic Association, we invest in the communities where we live and work. Through our Official Charity Program, we provide invitational entries to the Boston Marathon to select non-profit organizations. Organizations use these entries to recruit athletes who pledge to raise funds for their cause. For selection into our Official Charity Program, the Boston Athletic Association greatly values organizations that strengthen our local community and align with our mission of promoting a healthy lifestyle through sports, especially running.
Organizations must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Organization is a registered 501(c)(3)
- Organization is aligned with the Boston Athletic Association’s mission and strategic focus areas – Health and Fitness
- Programs benefit our local community
- Organization is not a religious-based or political organization
- Organizations that meet our program criteria and are interested in applying for our Official Charity Program may submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) to Nicole Juri, Manager of Charity & Community Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org between January 1 and May 30.
- All LOIs received during this time period will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- A LOI should be emailed in pdf format, should be no more than one page in length, and should not be submitted by an organization more than once per calendar year.
- If an organization is invited to submit a full application after review of their LOI, that organization will be notified within two weeks of LOI submission.
- All applications will be submitted to our Charity Committee for review at its annual meeting taking place in July.
- To be considered for the subsequent year’s program, an application must be received by June 30 so it can receive proper review.
- Organizations accepted into our program will be notified shortly after this committee meeting.
- An annual review process for all members of our Official Charity Program will determine their future status with the program.
- For more information about the Official Charity Program of the Boston Marathon, please visit our FAQs