AT THE BOSTON ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION, WE INVEST IN THE COMMUNITIES WHERE WE LIVE AND WORK
Through the Bank of America Boston Marathon Official Charity Program, the B.A.A. provides invitational entries to the Boston Marathon to select non-profit organizations. Non-profit organizations use these entries to recruit athletes who pledge to raise funds for their cause. For selection into the Bank of America Boston Marathon Official Charity Program, the B.A.A. greatly values organizations that focus on building healthy communities.
ATHLETES INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE BOSTON MARATHON ON BEHALF OF A MEMBER OF THE BANK OF AMERICA BOSTON MARATHON OFFICIAL CHARITY PROGRAM
- If you do not have a current Boston Marathon qualifying time for your gender and age group, you may be interested in participating in the Boston Marathon on behalf of a member of our Official Charity Program.
- All members of our Official Charity Program receive invitational entries to the Boston Marathon that waive qualifying times.
- To apply to participate in the Boston Marathon on behalf of a member of our Official Charity Program, please contact your organization of interest directly. Contact information for each organization can be found via the organization logos shown above.
- The coordinator for each member of our Official Charity Program will be able to provide you with information about their team’s application and selection process, fundraising deadlines and requirements.
- Each athlete who participates in the Boston Marathon on behalf of one of our Official Charities is required to raise a minimum of $5,000.
- If you have secured an entry into the Boston Marathon as a qualified athlete, you are also welcome to raise funds for a member of our Official Charity Program. Please contact the organization that you wish to raise funds for directly for information regarding joining their team.
- The Boston Athletic Association does not have a program by which it provides individuals with invitational entries to the Boston Marathon so that they can participate in the event on behalf of the nonprofit organization of their choosing.
- GivenGain is the fundraising platform for the Boston Marathon. For questions regarding the platform, please contact email@example.com.