What is the virtual Athletes’ Village?
Athletes' Village is a free platform for runners of all levels and abilities featuring monthly challenges, paid training programs, and a community to connect with fellow runners. It is also your central location for Boston Athletic Association race and volunteer history, official race results, race updates, and race registration.
Create your free account to get active and set your fitness goals for 2021!
Every month members of Athletes’ Village can take on free challenges to earn unicorn badges! Whether you are logging 125 miles or 125 minutes of activity, there are levels for all levels and abilities.
Ongoing 2021 Challenges
- Log 125 minutes of activity
- Women's History Month Challenge
- January challenge: log 125 miles
- February challenge: log a work out every day during the month of February
- Streak: walk, run, or work out every day in February
- Heartbreak Hill: log a hill workout on February 14
- Free to Run: in partnership with the National Black Marathoner’s Association & in celebration of Black History Month, log 26.2 miles
- Founders' Day Challenge: perform a random act of kindness
Current training program
- B.A.A. 5K Training Programs: Whether you are looking to run your first 5K or your fastest, follow this custom training plan from the B.A.A., professional runners, and Olympians
B.A.A. 5K Registration
- Register for the B.A.A. 5K:
- The Start Line Package ($45, unlimited) includes virtual B.A.A. 5K entry and a unicorn finisher’s medal.
- The Finish Line Package ($60, while supplies last) includes virtual entry to the B.A.A. 5K, a unicorn finisher’s medal, and adidas official participant shirt.
- The Unicorn Package ($65, while supplies last) includes virtual entry to the B.A.A. 5K, a unicorn finisher’s medal, adidas official participant shirt, and access to exclusive B.A.A. training programs created by B.A.A. High Performance coach and two-time Olympian Mark Carroll. The premium training programs will be available through a private group within the Athletes’ Village online platform and will include training videos, tips, Q&A sessions, and more. The training programs are tailored to athletes of all levels, whether aiming to run their first or fastest 5K.
The Patriots’ Day Mile encourages everyone to get active while also raising funds for nonprofits whose missions focus on health and wellness. The virtual event will be held on Monday, April 19—Patriots’ Day in Massachusetts and the traditional date of the Boston Marathon.
Virtual 125th Boston Marathon Registration
Opening Tuesday, March 30th at 10AM ET
- There are two registration tiers:
- Start Line Package ($75 US/$95 international)—includes virtual race entry, unicorn finisher’s medal, virtual toolkit, forthcoming virtual mobile app, and access to an exclusive group within the Athletes’ Village community
- 125th Celebration Package ($125 US/$145 international)*—includes virtual race entry, unicorn finisher’s medal, long sleeve adidas participant shirt, virtual toolkit, forthcoming virtual mobile app, access to an exclusive group within the Athletes’ Village community, and a portion of this entry fee will be distributed to the nonprofits that comprise the B.A.A.'s 2021 Boston Marathon Official Charity Program and to support nonprofits in the Greater Boston area whose missions focus on health and wellness.
*while supplies last