Entered in the race, run with your team.
Boston Marathon Team Competition
Click the button below to register your team for the 2013 Boston Marathon (team competition registration will close on April 5):
Information and Policies:
- Teams must have current membership with USA Track & Field, or the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA), or to an equivalent foreign national athletics organization. An individual membership is not required in these organizations.
- All entrants on a team must be bonafide members of that team.
- Official entrants who have met qualifying standards and those who have not are equally eligible for inclusion in the team competition.
- All team members placed on a team must maintain permanent residence in the same geographic region in which the club is registered. Exceptions are full-time students or full-time active military.
- A club cannot enter multiple teams for a particular division, e.g. Atlanta Track Club 'A' and Atlanta Track Club 'B.'
- Only one team manager for each club.
- Team manager will be contacted prior to the team registration deadline if the team fails to meet any of the guidelines.
- The Boston Marathon has open and masters division team competitions.
- Members of an open team must be 18-years of age or older.
- All members of a masters team must be 40-years of age or older.
- Each team member must have submitted an official individual Boston Marathon application and must have been accepted for participation.
- An individual may only be placed on one team.
- A team must consist of either all male or all female athletes, for mens' and women's teams respectively. No mixed gender teams.
- Women competing in the Elite Women's Start can be included on a team roster for scoring purposes.
- Teams must have a minimum of three athletes, and a maximum of fifteen.
- The lowest aggregate time determines the team champion.
- Net time will be used for scoring purposes.
- Ties between two or more teams are resolved by determining which team's third scoring member finished nearest to first place.
- Teams finishing with fewer than three registered members will not be scored.
- Official results will be announced upon verification.
- Champion teams and scoring team members will receive awards.
- There is no additional cost to enter the team competition.
E-mail the B.A.A. for any further questions.