REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020 BOSTON MARATHON IS NOW CLOSED
The B.A.A. thanks the running community for the support shown during 2020 Boston Marathon registration. Registration is now closed for qualified open athletes. Due to field size limitations, we are unable to accept all entries for next April’s race. We recognize and thank all who have worked hard to achieve their goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon.
The verification process will continue over the coming days, and we ask for your patience as we verify thousands of Boston Marathon entry submissions. Please stay tuned for more updates in the coming days.
Registration for the Para Athletic Divisions and Adaptive Programs will re-open to Para Athletes on Monday, September 23 at 10:00 a.m. ET and will continue until field size limits have been reached or until October 27, 2019. To learn more about the Para Athletic Divisions and Adaptive Programs at the Boston Marathon, click below:
2020 BOSTON MARATHON OPEN DIVISION REGISTRATION DETAILS
Registration occurred on a “rolling admission” schedule, beginning with the fastest qualifiers.
- On Monday, September 9 at 10:00 a.m. ET, eligible runners who met the qualifying standard for their age and gender by 20 minutes or more registered.
- On Wednesday, September 11 at 10:00 a.m. ET, registration opened for those who met their qualifying standard by 10 minutes or more.
- On Friday, September 13 at 10:00 a.m. ET, registration opened for those who met their qualifying standard by five minutes or more.
- Registration closed for week one on Saturday, September 14 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Registration re-opened for all qualifiers from Monday, September 16 at 10:00 a.m. ET through Wednesday, September 18 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Registration closed on Wednesday, September 18 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
2020 BOSTON MARATHON OPEN DIVISION QUALIFYING STANDARDS
2020 BOSTON MARATHON PARA ATHLETICS DIVISION QUALIFYING STANDARDS
- Though the B.A.A. will notify registrants upon the completion of their registration form, athletes are not officially entered into the race until their qualifying time is verified. The amount of time it takes for qualifying times to be verified varies for each individual athlete and may take up to several days (depending on the qualifying event).
- The qualification window for the 2020 Boston Marathon will remain open until the conclusion of registration for the 2020 Boston Marathon.
- The qualification window for the 125th Boston Marathon on April 19, 2021 will be announced following registration for the 2020 Boston Marathon.
- Registration dates and qualifying standards for the 2021 Boston Marathon have not yet been announced.
REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR REGISTRATION
- Legal full name
- Mailing address
- Contact phone number
- Valid email address
- Qualifying race information including: race name, race date, and qualifying time (net/chip time)
- Para Athletes will need to provide additional documentation
- Two emergency contact names and phone numbers (must be two different phone numbers)
- Your credit card information (we ONLY accept Visa and MasterCard)