The Boston Athletic Association will celebrate the 127th running of the Boston Marathon on Monday, April 17, 2023. Registration information for the Boston Marathon can be found below.
Registration for the Boston Marathon
- Registration for the 127th Boston Marathon opens on Monday, September 12 at 10 a.m. ET and closes on Friday, September 16 at 5 p.m. ET.
- Registration takes place entirely within the B.A.A.’s online platform, Athletes’ Village. The registration application can be found on your Athletes' Village profile home page.
- All applications and qualifying times submitted between September 12-16 will be verified and ranked by the B.A.A. based on the amount of time an athlete has run under their respective qualifying standard.
- Registration from September 12-16 is not first-come, first-served.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance once the B.A.A. has verified all qualifying times and applications.
- Please do not email the B.A.A. asking for a status update regarding your qualifying time verification or registration application. A member of our Athlete Services team will email you if we have any questions regarding your time.
- Click here to view Boston Marathon qualifying standards. The qualifying window for the the 127th Boston Marathon opened on September 1, 2021.
- Entry fees and information on health and safety guidelines, including any COVID-19 policies, will be announced in the coming weeks. For the third straight year, participants will have the opportunity to purchase registration insurance at the point of registration.
- Participants who elected to purchase registration insurance, offered by RegShield, will be able to have entry fees refunded for multiple reasons including loss of job, pregnancy, illness, and injury. Refunds may only be eligible for those who purchase the insurance policy at the point of registration.
- Entries in the Boston Marathon cannot be transferred, deferred to a future year, and only those who elect to purchase registration insurance may be eligible for refunds.