REGISTRATION FOR THE 2019 BOSTON MARATHON HAS NOW CLOSED AFTER THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ATHLETES WHO QUALIFIED AND SUBMITTED FOR ENTRY HAS BEEN REACHED
The Boston Marathon does not have a waiting list, late registration on race weekend, or race day registration. Neither entry nor bibs may be transferred, deferred, or refunded.
- A QUALIFYING TIME DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOUR ENTRY INTO THE BOSTON MARATHON, ONLY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SUBMIT A REGISTRATION.
- Submissions will be accepted until we fill the allotted field size for qualified runners.
- Due to field size limitations, we may not be able to accept all qualified entrants.
Athlete With Disability Registration
- Registration for each AWD Division and Program will close once the field size limit has been met.
- AWD registration will remain open for each respective division and program until October 28, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Athletes are strongly encouraged to achieve their qualifying time before registration opens.
- The B.A.A. aligns eligibility for all AWD Divisions & Programs of the Boston Marathon with the eligible impairment types defined by World Para Athletics. Athletes must hold a national or IPC para athletics classification or provide the appropriate disability documentation at time of registration.
- For specific eligibility requirements and qualifying standards, click below:
REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR REGISTRATION
- Your legal full name (if you recently had a name change, please register under the name you qualified under. Upon your acceptance please email the B.A.A. to have your application updated accordingly).
- Mailing address and phone number
- Email address
- Your qualifying race name, date run, and your qualifying time (please provide your net/chip time).
- Two emergency contact names and phone numbers (must be two different phone numbers).
- Your credit card information (we ONLY accept Visa and Mastercard).
- The registration fee is $200 USD for U.S. residents and $250 USD for internationals residents.
OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED ENTRANTS RECEIVE
- Admission to the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo
- Long sleeved tech shirt by adidas
- Bib number
- An official result from an electronically recorded official timing system
- Runner Gear Check bag
- Boston Marathon Official Program
- Complimentary ticket for the Pre-Race Pasta Dinner
- Complimentary transportation to the start
- Access to the Athletes’ Village in Hopkinton, providing entertainment, light refreshments, Poland Spring Natural Spring Water, Gatorade Endurance Formula, ClifBar products, bagels, tenting, and portable toilets.
- Poland Spring Water, Gatorade Endurance Formula, and Clif Energy Gel along the course
- Medical facilities along the course and at the finish area
- Athlete tracking
- A finisher’s medal upon finishing the marathon (to be considered an official finisher, you must cross the finish line on Boylston Street prior to finish mats being removed)
- Baggage and dressing area (no showers)
- Family meeting area
- Admission to the official Awards Ceremony
- Complimentary ticket for the Post-Race Party
- Finisher’s certificate (for official finishers only, mailed during the summer)
- Results book (mailed over the summer)