Registration for athletes who met the B.A.A.’s qualifying standards for the 2019 Boston Marathon begins on Monday, September 10 at 10:00 a.m. ET.
The B.A.A. uses a “rolling admission” schedule, allowing for the fastest athletes to register first:
- Monday, September 10, 10:00 a.m. ET - Qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by 20 minutes, 00 seconds or more are able to submit an entry form.
- Wednesday, September 12, 10:00 a.m. ET - Qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by 10 minutes, 00 or more are able to submit an entry form.
- Friday, September 14, 10:00 a.m. ET - Qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by 5 minutes, 00 or more are able to submit an entry form.
- Saturday, September 15, 10:00 p.m. ET - Registration closes for Week 1.
- Monday, September 17, 10:00 a.m. ET - If space remains, all qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by any amount of time are able to submit an entry form. The fastest runners among submissions from Week 2 will be accepted until the maximum field size is reached.
- Wednesday, September 19, 5:00 p.m. ET - Registration closes for Week 2.
- Monday, September 24, 10:00 a.m. ET - If space remains after the first two weeks of registration, all qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by any amount of time are able to submit an entry form. During Week 3, submissions will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis until the maximum field size is reached.
To find out with it will be YOUR time to register according your achieved qualifying standard, click below:
REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR REGISTRATION
- Your legal full name (if you recently had a name change, please register under the name you qualified under. Upon your acceptance please email the B.A.A. to have your application updated accordingly)
- Mailing address and phone number
- Email address
- Your qualifying race name, date run, and your qualifying time (please provide your net/chip time)
- Your credit card information (we ONLY accept Visa and Mastercard)
- Two emergency contact names and phone numbers (must be two different phone numbers)
Athletes with Disabilities (AWD) Divisions & Programs Registration
- Registration for AWD Divisions & Programs of the 2019 Boston Marathon opens on Monday, September 10 at 10:00 a.m. ET and will follow the same rolling registration procedures as general registration.
- If space remains, AWD registration will remain open for each respective division and program until October 28, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Registration for each AWD Division and Program will close once the field size limit has been met.
- Athletes are strongly encouraged to achieve their qualifying time before registration opens on September 10, 2018.
- The B.A.A. aligns eligibility for all AWD Divisions & Programs of the Boston Marathon with the eligible impairment types defined by World Para Athletics. Athletes must hold a national or IPC para athletics classification or provide the appropriate disability documentation at time of registration.
- For specific eligibility requirements and qualifying standards, refer to AWD Divisions & Programs of the 2019 Boston Marathon.
- Achieving one's qualifying standard does not guarantee entry into the event, but simply the opportunity to submit for registration.
- In recent years, not all qualifiers who submit an entry have been accepted due to field size restrictions. If total amount of submissions surpasses the allotted field size for qualified athletes, then those who are the fastest among the pool of applicants in their age and gender group will be accepted.
- The qualifying window for the 2019 Boston Marathon began on Saturday, September 16, 2017.
- An athlete’s age on April 15, 2019 determines ones qualifying time.
- Though the B.A.A. will contact registrants upon the completion of their registration form, runners are not officially entered into the race until their qualifying time is verified. The amount of time it takes for qualifying times to be verified varies for each individual athlete and can take up to several days (depending on the qualifying marathon).
OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED ENTRANTS RECEIVE
- Admission to the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo
- adidas long sleeved tech shirt
- Bib number
- An official result from an electronically recorded official timing system
- Runner Gear Check bag
- Boston Marathon Official Program
- Complimentary ticket for the Pre-Race Pasta Dinner
- Complimentary transportation to the start
- Access to the Athletes’ Village in Hopkinton, providing entertainment, light refreshments, Poland Spring water, Gatorade Endurance Formula, ClifBar products, bagels, tenting, and portable toilets.
- Water and Gatorade Endurance Formula along the course
- First aid / medical facilities along the course and at the finish area
- Athlete tracking
- A finisher’s medal upon finishing the marathon (to be considered an official finisher, you must cross the finish line on Boylston Street prior to finish mats being removed)
- Baggage and dressing area (no showers)
- Family meeting area
- Admission to the Awards Ceremony
- Complimentary ticket for the Post-Race Party
- Finisher’s certificate (for official finishers only, mailed during the summer)
- Results book (mailed over the summer)