B.A.A. Half Marathon Participant Basics
- All U.S. residents are mailed their bib numbers prior to the race.
- Entrants who pre-selected to do so may pick their bib number and race shirt at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase during designated hours.
- International residents have the option to pick up bib number and race shirt at Boston Marathon adidas RunBase, or on site prior to the race.
- The recommended way to arrive on race day is to use the official B.A.A. shuttle service.
- Drop-off points near Franklin Park are available.
- Parking is EXTREMELY limited in the area.
DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL APP
- Stay connected to the B.A.A. Half Marathon with the official B.A.A. App.
- Get all the latest news, updates, and more.
- Search for "B.A.A. Boston Marathon" in your App store.
- Entrants can check belongings at a designated location near the start.
- Clear plastic bags will be provided and belongings must be claimed following the race.
- Please use the gear tag affixed to your bib number to help us identify your bag once the race has concluded.
- Please do not check valuables.
- The B.A.A. is not responsible for lost items.
- The 13.1-mile, rolling course is an out-and-back route along the Emerald Necklace park system, beginning and ending at White Stadium in Franklin Park.
- Poland Spring Brand 100% Natural Spring Water will be available at every other mile beginning at mile 2.
- Gatorade Endurance Formula (newly formulated lemon-lime flavor) will be available at miles 6, 9, and 11.1.
- Clif Shot Energy Gel will be available near mile 6.
- Portable toilets will be located at the start/finish, and near each fluid station along the course.
- Medical personnel will be available to give emergency care and attend to non-critical injuries at miles 0.7, 2.0, 4.5, 7.5, 11.2, 12.0, and the finish.
- To see a map of the course, click below:
AT&T ATHLETE ALERTS
- The B.A.A. is proud to bring AT&T Athlete Alerts to the B.A.A. Half Marathon.
- With live updates from the five-mile and ten-mile marks, your biggest fans will be able to track your progress as you run along the Emerald Necklace park system.
- As you cross the finish line at White Stadium, your net time will be sent to family and friends near and far.
- To sign up for AT&T Athlete Alerts, click below:
TIMING AND SCORING
- Official participants have three hours (3:00:00) net time to complete the race.
- Only participants who complete the race within this allotted time will be considered official finishers.
- Roads and paths along the route will begin to reopen to traffic prior to the conclusion of timing and scoring, and those remaining on the course will be directed off the roadways and on to walkways by local police.
- Kids up to 14 years old may compete in races on the track in White Stadium, finishing at the B.A.A. Half Marathon Finish Line.
- There will be two distances, a 50-yard dash and a 300m run.
- All participants will receive a bib number and participation award. be presented with a medal as they cross the B.A.A. Half Marathon Finish Line.
- Pre-registration is free and is strongly encouraged.
- Race day registration is also available on race morning.
- At the finish, volunteers will direct you to the refreshment areas, the medical tent (if necessary), and the finishers’ medals.
- Official race shirts will be given out to runners before and after the race.
- Post-Race Refreshments b.good will be in the finish area serving burgers and smoothies to all race participants.
- Additional refreshments will be offered to participants.
- Custom medals will be distributed to all finishers beyond the finish line.
- Those who have completed all three races in the B.A.A. Distance Medley (5K, 10K, Half Marathon) will be identified by their bib and will receive a special Distance Medley medal.
- The awards ceremony, featuring the top five overall finishers and wheelchair division winners, will begin at approximately 10:00 a.m.
- Age group awards will be mailed following results verification.