The B.A.A. Half Marathon Youth Races give young and aspiring runners the chance to experience the fun and excitement of the B.A.A. Half Marathon in shorter races designed with them in mind!
At 8:15 a.m., kids up to 14 years old may compete in races on the track in White Stadium, finishing at the B.A.A. Half Marathon Finish Line! There will be two distances, a 50-yard dash and a 300m run. In order to complete the races before the elite athlete finish, participants must be registered and report to the stadium entrance no later than 8:00 AM.
All participants will receive a bib number and participation award. be presented with a medal as they cross the B.A.A. Half Marathon Finish Line!
Pre-registration is free and is strongly encouraged. Race day registration will close promptly at 8:00 a.m. on race morning.
We welcome participation in our youth races from our youngest runners. However, please be advised that Massachusetts state law prohibits us from transporting children under the age of four years old via our B.A.A. Half Marathon shuttle bus program. We invite those with children under four years old to utilize alternate transportation to Frankin Park. We appreciate your understanding.
|7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Registration at the B.A.A. tent near the spectator entrance to White Stadium|
|8:00 a.m.||Start of the B.A.A. Half Marathon|
|8:15 - 8:45 a.m.||Youth Races|
- There is no entry fee for this event.
- Kids up to 14 years old may compete in races on the track inside White Stadium, finishing at the B.A.A. Half Marathon finish line.
- Race distances will be 50 meters for younger children and 300 meters for older children.
- Events will not be timed, and results will not be recorded.
- Arrive prior to the event to register near the spectator entrance of White Stadium adjacent to the tennis courts.
- All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult who will remain with them throughout their participation.
- No childcare service will be provided.
- Children 4-years-old and under are not allowed on the B.A.A. Shuttle Bus service due to state laws requiring seat beats. Please plan accordingly.
- All participants will need to have a parent or guardian complete a waiver when registering on race day.
- Check-in and number pick-up will begin at 7:00 a.m. on race morning.